Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Registration nightmare

Being legal is so mainstream.... but certainly has its advantages.

Happy Trails!
    Les Stallings
    Crossville TN
    2006 Country Coach XLII

So i went to the DMV today and had a real struggle with the folks there regarding The California Air resource board. I was told by the DMV that my vehicle could not be registered due to out of compliance being a diesel with California emission. They took my sales tax money and all the fees, gave me a 90 day permit and told me i need to contact CARB to get a waiver otherwise there was nothing they could do. When I got home, I went to the CARB website and registered my bus with them, filled out the forms, and had to upload interior and exterior pictures showing that it was exempt and should be classified as a Motorhome. Between now and Feb 24, I need to get Carb to accept my condition and exempt my bus, then I need to bring the Bus to the DMV so they can inspect it. I was prepared for the inspection just not the CARB issue. Fingers crossed.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

After this weekend, I will be ready to run the bus down to the DMV for Vin# and motorhome inspection, DRivable and CARB approved. Hopefully the DMV opens back up otherwise I might continue the air suspension work. My 90 day permit is good til february 24th.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach