Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bus Kote Ceramic Paint

Default Bus Kote Ceramic Paint

Hello,

I just finished coating the top of my coach with Bus Kote Ceramic paint. Joe Camper says it does wonders for the heat reduction. Looking forward to trying it out. Getting hot in Oklahoma.

David

I dare ask. How many how many coats did you put.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Hey Joe,

One coat of Bondit Primer (2 gallons) , then 6 coats of Bus Kote (11 gallons), lastly 2 coats of sealer with ceramic beads added to the mix. My back hurts!

It will feel like a different Bus. it is one of the best upgrades I have done.

That is great to hear..how many coats did you put on your coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthomas9572 View Post
    That is great to hear..how many coats did you put on your coach?
    2 Primer , 2 Coating and 2 Sealer. Wish I had added beads to the coating and sealer. And put more coats on like you did. But the old Dude applying it kept complaining about his back hurting. LOL

I thought while I was coating I would keep going. The hardest part was the prep and masking of bus.

From the manufacturer I could not get a firm answer if more is better but Joe said to was best to get more coats. Yes, I wish I had put beads in the primer, but I did get 8 coats with beads.

I get it out of the temp shed on Tuesday and will try it out. I am excited that you said it made a big difference.

What difference did you see? I am thinking about adding ceramic window tent to my windows next? Has anyone tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthomas9572 View Post
    I thought while I was coating I would keep going. The hardest part was the prep and masking of bus.

From the manufacturer I could not get a firm answer if more is better but Joe said to was best to get more coats. Yes, I wish I had put beads in the primer, but I did get 8 coats with beads.

I get it out of the temp shed on Tuesday and will try it out. I am excited that you said it made a big difference.

What difference did you see? I am thinking about adding ceramic window tent to my windows next? Has anyone tried this?
    DThomas,
    My coach had never had the roof re-coated. And when it started getting hot in the sun it would pop and crack and heat up like an oven in the heat of the day. Now with the coating the popping and cracking is gone and I find it easier to keep cool in 90’s temps. I am interested in the ceramic window tint also. I have read that it is pretty expensive to do, but have not researched it as far as cost to do the entire coach. I am sure there are different manufacturers of the film out there. If you get any information on the best quality and most durable film available. Please share here with us ? I would like to see some real world data on the efficiency of it. Like infrared readings on two windows side by side. One with and one without. Single pane windows just suck. But at least they do not fog up between the panes.

I can't believe the difference on the heat. When on top of the roof in the heat of they day, the front and back painted caps could fry an egg, the roof coat is not even warm it feels like the roof in the middle of the night...this is awesome

IMG_20211107_083252724_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211107_083304402_HDR.jpg

As i read the instructions on how long between coats i determine they r giving me contradictory instructions. WTF

Please opine

Did they mistakenly use the word minimum 24hr for what should have been maximum 24hr?

I put the first coat yesterday 3 pm. Can i put another now next day 9am. Its overnight but it aint 24 hr?????????
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 11-07-2021 at 09:46 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines