Thread: Cautious prevost buyer

Post Cautious prevost buyer

I am a new rv'er and was told before i pluck down money to buy a used prevost comversion i sholud rent one first. Goss sales has rentals available has anyone rented a prevost?

Before purchasing a Prevost, Learn all you can about them by reading the Archives here on various systems subjects and converters and options. Like over the road air conditioning, or not. Cruise air conditioning/ heat pump or roof AC. Look at several and decide what you like or dont like about different floor plans and or converters. Talk to several owners and decide what your budget is. And keep a comfortable amount in the bank for updates and or repairs. Find one that you want to purchase , get Gil to look it over for you. And yes if your budget allows , rent one for a while. Due diligence is in order for the prospective buyer. There is nothing like owning and driving a Prevost. But they are not for everyone...

If I read the original post correctly, I'm to understand you're new to this. If so, before renting, I would take the driver's confidence course at Lazy Days. This is a one day class that combines both classroom with some behind the wheel time. It's a good way to become familiar with the basics of what you need to know before getting behind the wheel.

Here's a story I posted after I took the class: https://www.gadgetguru.com/lazy-days...aining-review/

As Rocky stated, if you decide to purchase a Prevost, contact Gil Johnson to perform an inspection. There's a reason he has such a good reputation...he's earned it!

Thanks for the adivce we live in arizonz is there such a driving schools here?

Quote Originally Posted by Vince@AZ View Post
    Thanks for the adivce we live in arizonz is there such a driving schools here?
    Yes: https://www.lazydays.com/locations/arizona

I struggle in finding value in renting before buying unless the rental is the same Prevost model and built by the same converter. Even then, I'm don't think you'll have enough time with rental to form a meaningful opinion.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion