Thread: Be Careful Out There

Default Be Careful Out There

I'm a very conservative driver when driving these coaches. I always maintain a large gap and am always on the defensive. Even my driving style requires you be alert.

A few weeks ago we were coming through Dolthan, AL. At the posted speed limit of 45mph, maybe a bit slower, I was behind a semi with a flatbed trailer. In the right lane a FedEx truck pulling 2 trailers in the right lane that shifted to the left in my lane. No big deal, he had room. No sooner than he was in my lane he slammed on his brakes! I was already slowing to increase the gap. Still, I too had to brake hard.

As it turns out, the flatbed trailer semi now in front of the FedEx truck had a blowout.

All was fine. This event did reinforcement some practices. Secure your goods. The only item not secured was my wife's Kindle and it passed the droo test. Maintain a safe following distance and remain alert. It also confirmed my suspicion. These babies don't stop quick.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I think everyone that drives one has had one or two of the OH S&^% moments. I have a drawer in the bedroom with a weak latch that always ends up on the floor with this scenario. *** Reminder to Self , Replace the Drawer latch !
    Good to hear y’all are safe and the Kindle made it.