Thread: Which has more drivers room H or X

Default Which has more drivers room H or X

Being a big guy I am wondering if anyone else has had this same problem, what has more room for the driver, the H or X?

Years back I was at Featherlite looking at a used coach turned out to be Mike Hilton's from NASCAR, was an H but was super cramped, almost like an afterthought for the drivers area.

I am 6 3 if that helps.

Anyone else my height compare the 2?

I have yet to be in an X.

I to am 6'3" have driven both many miles have an XLII the xl seems to be a little more roomy you can be very comfortable in either but there is more space behind the seat on an xl plus some times you have to get around the stair handle or fixture that acts like that on an H. Hope this helps.
    2005 Parliament XL-II SS
    2007 Avalanche

Bill gives you some spot on feedback. I'd only add that sometimes the driver's seat may need to be relocated.

BTW, the X chassis wins with interior height.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Another consideration is the size of the seat itself. I've heard taller guys complain about their seats being too short (measuring front to rear) for their legs. If you can find a bus with a Flexsteel seat, they are some of the most comfortable.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Chris,

You really need to look at a specific coach to determine. I suspect you will find that each conversion will differ even if on the same platform. We had an 02 XLII Millennium and traded it for an 08 XLII Marathon. The Marathon has much more legroom than the Millennium did. I have been in the driver's seat of a few H's and found it differed by converter.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

All good stuff thanks everyone, in the past I have lowered my seats as well which helped a lot, I appreciate the feedback