Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michelin Tires Choices for Prevost

This is what I received from Michelin.

Thank you David for your interest in our brand and our products. Bbth of these tires are excellent long-haul application products. They will provide excellent longevity on the tread and comfortable ride on long distance travels, combined with fuel economy thanks to our low rolling resistance technology.

The X® LINE ENERGY Z COACH will have an advantage over the X® MULTIWAY 3D XZE with a more resistant sidewall. The tire casing allows it to offer maximum protection against impact and abrasion. It also can help with ozone cracking in the long run.

On the other hand, the X® MULTIWAY 3D XZE will offer better breaking performance on all conditions thanks to its siping design and technology, as well as a directional tread design to offer maximum tread wear resistance.

I read more resistant sidewalls to being better for RV applications where most want a softer ride through lower tire pressures.

RV applications aren't high mileage applications. So, the extended treadwear of the Multiway is of no value. The added braking capability sounds great. However, I've never met anyone that has skidded a tire or activated their ABS on any roads not ice covered. So, another feature of questionable value.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion