Thread: carpeting

Default carpeting

Not sure we want to do a total interior refurbish in our new to us 2006 Marathon XLII. We are thinking about just replacing the carpeting which is in the salon and bedroom only. Is it possible to just have a carpet company / installer replace the carpeting or is it much more complicated?

thanks,

Pierre

If you go with a carpet installer that's never done work in a bus before I would really make sure that you screen them very very well and be very explicit on what you want him to do and how he would be paid for doing it because if they're not used to doing buses they're probably not going to know how to charge the labor for it they probably don't realize how much longer it'll take for such a small amount of square footage. The other alternative is if you're anywhere near one of our sponsored repair or service facilities use somebody that they use.

Another thing I might add is usually the carpet pad that's in these buses is way way way over-the-top macdaddy good stuff not this crumbled up crap that they lay down on Floors that go in houses, many converters use sound down. The stuff you have on the current floor may or may not be reusable if you have sound down you could use it a again it's really good stuff.

I know Pete in Sealy Texas had new carpet put in his vantari H after they bought it and it was really really good stuff and they did a really really good job maybe he might chime in and have some advice for you.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 06-06-2019 at 09:49 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines