Thread: ride height valve re-assemble problem

Default ride height valve re-assemble problem

I took the ride height valve apart and cannot get it to go back together. Seems like it should be real simple but no luck. the arm rotates a shaft with a small pin that is off center from the shaft centerline. a rotating valve perpendicular to the shaft somehow needs to be clocked so the the rotating shaft can be pushed in all the way. I lost the "clocking" when I took it apart. anyone done this before? valve is knorr sv1269.

thanks
    John Dyer
    1997 Marathon 45 with IFS

Yeah I've done it before. I don't know why prevo used those height valves on certain chassis maybe only 10% of the chassis have those. Just take it apart again and re clock it you'll get it.

When you go to test it to see if you got it right and you move the arm on the ride height valve up and down there's not an immediate reaction when you do that it's delayed so you have to wait a few seconds at least before air will start exhausting or building.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 06-02-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    708 243 7871

I forget when you assemble it if you put it at 12 and pull it down or if you put it at 6 and bring the arm up it's not just having to be clocked correctly there's also spring tension on it that has to be pulling in the correct direction.

That falls in the typical ridiculous unnecessarily complicated design bin.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    708 243 7871