Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 1997 Marathon - Purchase Jitters

win42 Guest

Relentless: I don't have the complete answer on the Granite floors, just a caution. We had ours done in Granite a couple of years ago by a house installer. He had no knowledge of the flexing our coaches take. Hence some hairline cracks in the bathroom. I know now it takes a flexible underlaymet to make it work. Check around until you find the right proceedure. We love the way it turned out other than that flex problem. Granite is a lot more scratch resistant than Marble and a better choice. Good Luck on the new Coach and welcome the Asylum of POGers.

Harry

Default Get it done

Thanks I will call Mike @ Jax., Prevost tomorrow, My company repairs trucks and my mechanics enjoy something new to play with and what the hell, they are getting paid!!::

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Asylum of POGers?

Hey, we aren't locked in.

Wait a minute, maybe we are!

We've got the granite, 98 Vogue XLV, 163K miles, no cracks. I think they put a flex substrate down before laying the granite. Best we've ever had, better than carpet, ceramic, etc.

NOW will they let us out?

lewpopp Guest

Relentless,

Before you install your Led taillights, if they are like mine, check to see if the lights and lens are attached to the housing with double faced tape. Do any of them rattle now? They will loosen as time goes by.

Also, when I installed mine I did it with stainless screws because on the port side there is no axcess to the back of the assembly after you install it. Some later coaches could be different.

Lew

Default Marble floors

Don't! They are very soft and scratch with the smallest grain of sand.

Thumbs down Too Late

Lew , man you got to stay up with the forum a little better!! I have installed them and no there is no tape on the lights, they all seem loose and that was a great idea on the drivers side with screws! I asked the shop foreman and he gave the job to a helper that has no clue about anything and he just looked at me when I asked him why didn't he advise someone that they were loose? Well, he said, I was told to install them and so I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope they will last, if not I will pull them back out!!!

Reelentless,

Come on. Real men do their own Prevo work. Let the Neophites work on customer vehicles.

MM
    Last edited by MangoMike; 08-10-2006 at 06:31 PM.

Default Real men

Mango, I have the bus in pieces all over the shop! I can never seem to find my slow gear. I was going to take a year or so and get this coach up to speed however I have lost sight of my goal and when I get the exterior panels on and the couchs and bed coverings back I will take the coach to Orlando to have some paint work done. The good news is the engine detailing is done and all the old panels polished up as a perfect match to the new ones. I have been working my a-- off on this coach I just want it done yesterday!! I still think I have patience, don't you?

Reelentless,

Just stay focused and make sure your in Sante Fe, lookin' good.

MM

Mike,

Is it me or does your Avatar look like mine?