Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 1997 Marathon - Purchase Jitters

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Yeah, I was trying to come up with a good location for POG III. There was another thread in, I think, Rallies where the topic was brought up last week or so about a place in the Keys in Florida.

"Pretend?" Moi?

I have a friend who believes that the reason for the International Space Station is to repair all the satellites women have melted with their cell phones. But then Ol Bob has a lot of other ideas as well...

As to buying a Liberty, it wasn't as if we didn't try. We made a run on the Randy Travis coach, but Liberty wouldn't sell it to us. I had a crazy idea (imagine that) about modifying it to our needs. They said another band guy should buy it; and at 495K miles it would be too risky for an individual to get into. They also had a 06 Mandalay to die for, but too many Lew Bucks for a bus that someone had punched holes into. Our Vogue is a "Harvey Coach," that he made for himself and has a lot of Liberty stuff on it, but with the granite flex floor and stainless tanks, etc. The Boss likes it, so I like it too.
    Last edited by Just Plain Jeff; 07-20-2006 at 06:35 AM.

Default The boss likes it.

JPJ:

All is well!! Life is good. .
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

lewpopp Guest

As for POG III, what did happen to the KOA (closed) at Fiesta Key ( I guess) someone said thay had troubles getting permits. Anything new on that?

Just Plain Jeff Guest

No Lew, but on the Rallies and Get Togethers section there was some discussion about options at the Keys. The Boss would like to go there, so maybe it would be a good option?

Default Bling

I bought the coach, and have purchased all the LEDs on the planet! All is going well, I will be finished soon, well maybe a year or two!!!!

Relent,

Congratulations. If it brings half as much to you as ours has done you'll be one happy guy. The LED's are definetly the right move, regardless what JOn and other say. Let us know how things are going. Start posting some photos of that great new bus.

MIke
    Last edited by MangoMike; 08-06-2006 at 12:37 PM.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by reelentless
    I bought the coach, and have purchased all the LEDs on the planet! All is going well, I will be finished soon, well maybe a year or two!!!!
    Don't worry so much about the 'bling thing,' so far, lots of talk and very little evidence of any activity. Talk is cheap.

There is nothing so sweet as the smell of diesel exhaust first thing in the morning as you are pulling out to explore new horizons in this wonderful country of ours.

May you have many years of enjoyment in your new coach!

Default Flooring and Paint advise

Hey guys thanks for all the responses about the new addition to the Stringfield family> We love it so far, I made the dead line and went to Fort Wilderness on that Friday, stopped back by and saw Rich @ IBP in Apopka and purchased all the LEDs including tail lights for the coach! It is back in my shop and we have disassembled the engine room and are replacing all the hoses, alternators, pullies,tensioners and any possible brake down parts, painting and detailing and are now going back together. I need some advise AGAIN! I need someone to paint the coach from the Aluminum down, all the way around the bus. I stopped and saw Greg In Lakeland, he said to strip and paint all the paint on the bus and to paint the entire front is $13,000.00. Is this high? It is only about a 24 inch strip around the coach! And he is selling and moving north, so I wonder about warranty in the future. The bus has ceramic flooring in the bath and carpet everywhere else. I want to put granite or marble throughout. Any advise? Last but not least, I was cleaning out the coach and found the complete owners manual and Prevost manuals!!!! The Kohler gen set starts and shuts off. I have checked all the obvious stuff. I guess I will have to order a complete manual so I can trouble shoot and repair!

Thanks David

I'm afraid you will have to return the coach. It sounds like you are having way too much fun.

When my old coach was being repaired, Prevost in JAX sent it down to a paint shop in the Orlando area. The work was superb. I understand it was very expensive, but the work was flawless. You might check with them to find out who they recommend.

You have me concerned because you allude to real bling. I'm not worried about your Christmas lights, but when you talk about detailing your engine I start to get concerned.

I'm sure the LED nuts on this forum will have some remarks.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default Paint Job

Quote Originally Posted by reelentless
    I need someone to paint the coach from the Aluminum down, all the way around the bus. I stopped and saw Greg In Lakeland, he said to strip and paint all the paint on the bus and to paint the entire front is $13,000.00. Is this high? It is only about a 24 inch strip around the coach! And he is selling and moving north, so I wonder about warranty in the future.
    It sounds like you are talking about Glenn Franklin? Glenn's work is usually about half the price of most other bids. The quickest way to figure a good price is to get a quote from Creative Coach (the highest price) in Lakeland, across from Ken Robertson's Service facility. Glenn used to work there before he went solo.

He's a friend of Lester's, so there you go.