Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1997 Marathon - Purchase Jitters

ken&ellen Guest

Thumbs up Congrats on the purchase

8 months ago Ellen & I were going to purchase our Liberty in Minot, ND. With the help and advise of this zany group it was an experience I will never forget. Enjoy. Ken & Ellen

Default Bling

The coach is home and going through a complete drive train inspection and repair. I am very pleased with the coach, I have a lot of work to do, Brakes, shocks, transmission seal and pinion seal, oil pan gasket, engine speed sensor, tires all the way around, insulator panels, mud flaps and all the air diverters on the bottom of the coach that are bent and some flat. I will complete this phase by friday and take a little trip to orlando and stop by I.B.P on Monday to spend several thousand dollors on panels and Bling lights. I will keep you posted. I need some help on a Liberty manual, the coach was missing this very important piece. It sure makes it easy when you have a hetra lift and can walk under the bus!! I will send a picture,

Thanks all, David

Thumbs up Yes David

Bring the Bling

Get those LED marker lights at IBP and send the old ones to Jon. He prays over a collection of old vintage parts every evening when he emerges from the grease pit.

Sounds like you have some work ahead of you, but it would appear that you will have a solid coach when finished.

Post photos when you get a chance but don't ask Lew how to do it. He's a cranky old fart who connects to the Internet with a tin can and a string. But he has a hardware collection second to none. On his coach no less.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Congratulations on your purchase. May you enjoy many happy miles of pleasure in your new coach!

Don't listen to those guys about LEDs. Our coach, of course, came with them stock. Hard to catch up to a really great coach. I am thinking of taking off the old-fashioned LED's and putting something really cool in their place.

Since I have recused myself from participating in the Bling Contest at POG II, the modifications won't be done until POG III. In the meantime, we'll just go stock and enjoy the many attempts to Bling Up.

Kids.

David,

When we bought our first Liberty it lacked some books and they provided one immediately. I suggest you advise them of your need, give them the coach number and get on their mailing list, and with your proximity to them visit with them when you need an understanding of your coach. Also I recommend advising Prevost you own the bus, and by providing them with the serial number and your contact information you will get notices and other information from Prevost.

If you want any information don't forget we might be able to help you here. My policy is if I don't know the answer to a question, I make something up.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jeff
    Congratulations on your purchase. May you enjoy many happy miles of pleasure in your new coach!
    , the modifications won't be done until POG III. Kids.
    Yes, congratulations David on your new coach! Our last coach, Vantare conversion (quit wincing Jon, I can see you ) did not have the owners manual with it. We simply called Featherlite in Sanford, Fl. and the folks there very kindly sent us the appropriate copy for our model/year.

Jeff, would you please ask Helen where she would like the POGIII rally to be held? I like to plan ahead and want to make sure I have her favorite song with me--LOL

Debi (minus Bob who has a real job right now; so much for retirement )

Just Plain Jeff Guest

I promise to ask The Boss where POG III will be. But if we leave it up to her, we will all be parked on some beach, near Slovak restaurants, Thrift Stores and she has to have cell service to boss around the kids. (Just in case the 40-year old daughter needs to have some immediate guidance.)

Debi: Careful about bringing up stuff on the POG board: Remember, the first person who brings up a topic owns it.

So now that you are in charge of POG III, where are we headed?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Reelentless, congradulations, If your anything like us Im sure you will enjoy making repairs and improvments, but I couldnt help notice thats quite a punch list to cover by Friday! A DEEP breath, and some adult beverages are in order!
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 07-19-2006 at 08:21 PM.

Default Pog #3

Jeff:
    Helen with cell phone in communication with the grown children, sounds like home - Micki is the same way - we have three grown and they still get orders daily. Give her cell service - something to eat and an outlet store - she's ok for a while.

Yea and everybody knows - you really wanted a Liberty
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

< So now that you are in charge of POG III, where are we headed?[/QUOTE]

Aha, but Jeff my friend, YOU were the first person to bring it up--does the post below sound familiar?

"Originally Posted by Just Plain Jeff
    , the modifications won't be done until POG III. Kids."

I was simply replying and asking you to ask Helen because we both know that she is in charge--LOL I have not traveled enough to give an informed opinion about where POG III should be held. I think JW, Mango, Jon, Roger That or Tom may be the enlightened traveled ones. Maybe you can get them to pretend that they brought it up first?

Debi and Bob back home from picking up 208 bales of hay in 97 degree heat!