Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1997 Marathon - Purchase Jitters

Reelentless,

Nice coach. I don't see anything in the pictures that would scare me, and I see a lot of things in the pictures that were encouraging.

I would not give the mileage a second though. I am sure the mileage has a huge impact on the price, but it is just an indication that the coach was used frequently which is the best thing for them.

It is a 12 volt coach and that is not a bad thing. It has a lot of good stuff on it and it does not look like it was trashed. The bent sheet metal is not a big deal and the panels are readily available either through Prevost or International Bus. Hang onto your shorts because the rivets are $1.00 each.

Negotiate your best price and verify everything you can so you will have no surprises. Definitely read the codes.

I think that layout is a twin to Mango's.

Angry Working on the deal

I saw that the coach had a 24 volt and a 12 volt gauge, I was thinking that the 12 volt was for the engine system and the 24 was the coach. paul said he was making head way with the repairs they were going to do ie; tires, generator cooling fans, belts, bus air and such. The computer print out was no big deal, he ran it over a lot of curbs but never ran it over 70 mph the fuel economy was impressive compared to my last 8V92T/A. I was a little disapointed with the 8.5% fin. rate when I have a 750 credit score an plunking over 20% or $ 50,000.00 on a down payment!! Why does a buss. owner get all the hassles? If it was one of my employees all they would need is a letter from me or a canceled check, oh well, mama has seen it and I guess I have no choice, well I kinda like it too! I wiil let ya"ll know the out come. Thanks for all the help

The bus is 24 volt, and the house is 12 on the coach you linked to.

Except for the lights on the bus which are 12 volt, and the LED crowd will soon be on top of you to replace all the lights with LEDs.

Ignore them. Spend your Mango bucks with your bride on neat things for your new coach, like spinners for the wheels.

Reelentless,

Regardless of the road Jon tries to send you down - you need a set of these on your new bus. Join the bling age.

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Pictures/page2.html

Good Luck,

Mike

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Leica Camera company used to have the following slogan: The Quality Remains Long After The Price Is Forgotten.

Everybody that charges too much for their product says the same thing.

Anyone bringing a set of those LED lights to POG II for sale?

Ray, Ray, Ray, we need to talk.

Smile Leavin friday

I am going out to get the bus on Friday, I will let everyone know what i think next week, I have a aircard in my laptop, so if I need any over the road advise I will be calling, once again, thanks

We are ready to serve, We will answer your questions, and as I have said before, if we don't know the answer we will make something up.