Thread: Trailer Lights

Default Trailer Lights

I have been having an issue with the brake lights on my tow vehicle. All lights work, except the brake lights. Tonight while looking into the issue some more I found if I turn the switch near the top of the engine compartment from Amber turn signal to Red turn signal I get the driver side brake light on the tow vehicle to work. Changing the switch doesn't seem to have any affect on the bus side lights. Any thoughts?

I had a similar problem with mine being the left turn signal and brake light wouldn't work. there is an isolator box in the rear electric compartment on vehicles that have Amber turn signals. That's where my problem was.

James,

Each converter approached trailer/tow lights differently. I believe all used relays to isolate the coach's electrical lighting system from the trailer/towed. All should have also incorporated a method of converting seperate brake and turn lights to combined function lights. This should have been done with relays or a 3 to 2 converter.

It may take a few minutes of looking at what they did but it's a pretty basic setup.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion