Thread: Wiper Blade Buyers Beware

Default Wiper Blade Buyers Beware

I ordered (2) 22” wiper assembly this week at Prevost and the cost was 32.32 eash. In talking to Ken in parts I asked about the availability of refills instead and he said yes they have them and their 86.00 each. We both had a big laugh and he was going to check on the price. Called me back the next day and sure enough they’re 86.00 each because Federal Mogule jacked them up in April. In March they were on special for 8.89 each and increase of 97%.

So if you order wipers, don’t let them sell you 800316 refills at 86.00.
    You want the entire assembly 800284 at 32.32.

Clearly, the purchasing or data entry made a mistake. It was probably 10ea and they priced it each. A good purchasing department would never stand for nearly 1000% increase. Maybe they had them individually shipped to Sweden and then back :-)

Raney's truck center has 22" refills for $9.95. I'm pretty sure Prevost will figure it out.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

You may be right, we did discuss the possibility of it being a multi pack, but of course the computer said one. Any chance you have a part number for the ones at the Raney’s?

It looks like all of the manufacturers are available. I found Trico, Bosch, and this one.

https://www.raneystruckparts.com/22-...-refill-blade/

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion