Thread: Love Bugs

Default Love Bugs

It's love bug season again in the south.

What works best for getting these nasty things off your windshield and paint?

Pre soaking with diluted fabric softener and a pressure washer works. Still, there has to be something better that's paint safe.

What is your solution?

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

A quick spritz of pam cooking spray on chrome and painted surfaces before departure. And whatever u do stay off the wipers if u drive into a swarm.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

I just had a neighbor give me a love bug removal tip, hydrogen peroxide. Tried it on both cars with a spray bottle, they immediately foam up and come right off with a brush and I followed up with soap and water. Try it Gil, you’ll be amazed.

Tom thanks,

Hydrogen Peroxide makes sense on the bugs. I'll give it a try. I wonder what it's affect is on painted surfaces?

Gil and Durlene

Both of my cars have a ceramic coating that was applied when they were brought home from the dealership. I've found that as long as I don't wait too long, the bugs wipe away fairly easily without causing any damage.

Speaking of ceramic coatings, I had my Jeep toad treated and the ceramic allows it to stay fairly clean...even after spending multiple days being pulled behind the bus.

Lots of Peroxide comments via google for love bugs and I don’t think there is any paint concerns, especially if washed off with soap and water.

NASCAR tear-offs... Someone should offer pre-cut windshield tear-offs then expand the line-up to include the front end below the windshield, and finally the mirrors.

It would be great to get to the campground, pop off the tear-offs, and open a beverage.
    Les Stallings
    Crossville TN
    2006 Country Coach XLII

Les, it looks like you just created a solution for market that didn't realize it had a problem. When are you shipping? This would be a much better choice than anything I know of for those pesky bugs.

Gil and Durlene

Gil, don't know about the liability of covering the windshield.... Might not do well when a tear-off is installed and it rained... windshield wipers and a tear-off... could be interesting. The rest would be simple with cutouts for the headlights.
    Les Stallings
    Crossville TN
    2006 Country Coach XLII