Thread: Correctly Greasing upper a arms.

Default Correctly Greasing upper a arms.

20190505_100432.jpg

Both of these illustrations I'm giving you are on the same chassis believe it or not. Here's an upper a arm it doesn't have enough grease on it it's the driver side I don't think anybody's ever put grease in this thing I can tell by the way the boot is totally collapsed there's some grease in there but there's no more in there than what came in it from the factory or from the parts counter.

20190505_092248.jpg

Here's the passenger side same chassis. There's so much grease in this thing it's amazing it didn't explode.

20190505_092201.jpg

I pulled the air bleeder, i call them popits, and squeezed ithe boot and got all that extra grease out of there got it happy again. The air bleeder is in there purposely to prevent the condition that I'm showing you but it didn't prevent it. This style grease boot is the new style it's got a snap ring like a key chain, holding it up, its red zoom in. the old style didn't hold up well at all. It looks like a screw clamp holding it, no photo they don't have them anymore anyway. These new style dirt boots unless they're broken if they are with medium swelling it feels like jello and it's slightly bulging and the boot is intact do not ever grease it it's got enough grease in there there's nowhere for the grease to go it'll stay in there if you keep greasing it you're going to break it.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 05-05-2019 at 11:39 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

20190506_120802.jpg

Here's the upper a arm boot when it's greased just right. If you have a boot that's still in good shape and it's holding Grease and you've got this much grease in it already it doesn't need to be greased anymore there's nowhere for it to go, it'll stay in there forever unless that boot breaks.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

20190505_154843.jpg

before.

20190506_102920.jpg

after.

At some point in time in this buses history it could have used a little swabbing like this from time to time it's not hard to do.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens