Thread: Fuse Location

Default Fuse Location

Is there a separate fuse panel for the rear lights and rear marker lights? Mine will come on momentarily when I start the bus. They were working and the front is fine. I see where the front fuses are located. I have a 2000 XL Featherlite Vantare Conversion. The Chassis may be a 1999.

Thank you
    Robert
    robertmeeks24@gmail.com
    Robert & Mechal
    Vancouver, BC
    2000 Featherlite Vantare XL

Robert,

If you go to prevostcar.com you can see and download the electrical diagram for your bus. You need the vin or at least the Letter and last 4 numbers. If you have trouble send me an email and I will see if I have the drawing you need.
    I love our 2000 Vantare!

Doug

Yes Thanks Doug. We found it!! This is Robert’s wife, Mechal ( proun. Michelle ) . We have diagrams of all sorts but with no electrical knowledge, it took us longer to sort out which was applicable for our bus! Thankfully have met someone that loves this stuff! Our next project(s) is the sound system and keyless entry. We don’t have any instructions for the security system and the stereo/speakers/surround sound has been somewhat altered from original and will take some knowledge to sort through. There were two owners prior to us and one of them was a butcher!!! Wires for tv/stereo/satellite are cut and a mess.

Do you have keyless entry in yours Doug? A user manual perhaps??

Thank you for chiming in on our query. Really stoked to have connected with you and Jan and it’s great to hear how happy you are with your Vantare! We live full-time in ours and have been very happy this past year of ownership. Eastern Oregon! We’re practically neighbors!!

M
    Robert & Mechal
    Vancouver, BC

If the keyless entry is the factory equipped one it's a standard Ford product. The control module will be mounted just inside the front door on the right hand side about the level of the door hinge below the windshield level. The module will have the door code printed on it.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    If the keyless entry is the factory equipped one it's a standard Ford product. The control module will be mounted just inside the front door on the right hand side about the level of the door hinge below the windshield level. The module will have the door code printed on it.
    I had a service manager at Prevost get my door code off of the module after I purchased the coach. About 5 years later I noticed that the code is in the drivers side electrical bay. On the cardboard legend for the fuse/ circuit breakers at the top. Put there with a rubber stamp. I do not know if it was put there by Prevost or Liberty ?

Well it must have been Liberty that put your code in the electrical bay, Rocky. Sadly nothing there for us. We’ll search around a bit more to see if it’s been noted anywhere else before we go for the module Gil. I’ll keep you posted!
    Robert & Mechal
    Vancouver, BC

Happy to report we located the module and have reset the keyless entry. Thanks Gil and Rocky for your help. The module was indeed beneath the dash next to the front entry stairs. Very difficult to find among the wires and such, but satisfying in the end! On to the next project!!
    Robert & Mechal
    Vancouver, BC

Hey Doug, I cannot find the door code on my 97 Vantare h model it is a ford product.
    I have looked in the areas you have mentioned with no luck.

Greg,

Did you find the Ford keyless module next to the door under the passenger side windshield? I've never seen one without the factory code on it.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion