Thread: Anyone know of a 220vac 60hz washer/dryer unit?

Default Anyone know of a 220vac 60hz washer/dryer unit?

Like many converters, CC used a vented 120vac Splendeed all in one washer/dryer. We like the space saving all in one idea, but not the low heat and very long drying times of the vented 120vac unit that has about the same heat output on dry as a hair dryer on medium. All I can find in 220vac units are European designs that run on 50hz. Since our current washer/dryer is mounted on a bathroom wall that is the other side of where the shore power breaker box is located, it would be easy to add another 220 breaker to supply power to a unit that would dry far more quickly. Can I run one of these 50hz units on 60hz? Is there a 60hz unit available here? Or do any of you know of a single phase to single phase frequency controller that I could use to change the line frequency from 60 to 50hz to run the 220vac 50hz units that are available here?

My German made Felder 220vac three phase dust collector was a 50hz unit that the factory imported into the US without changing any of the controls or motors and simply ran it on 60hz. It just ran faster and louder on 60hz than on 50hz. I only had single phase power available so used a three phase to single phase VFD with the running frequency set to 50hz and it has worked flawlessly for more than a decade.

Thanks for your help. Jerry
    Last edited by Dtjoint; 04-21-2019 at 11:01 AM.

You might look at the :WAT28400UCBosch 300 2.2-cu ft High Efficiency Stackable Front-Load Washer (White)

Hi Jerry,

I have a 98 Featherlight conversion and I just replaced my old Asko washer and dryer with new Askos. They are stackable units 220. The dryer plugs into the coach and the washer plugs directly into the dryer. I am only on my second load but the dryer is amazing. Pretty full loads and in just 22 minutes it was fully dry. As it was a stackable I added a pull out fold drawer between the units to make folding convenient. So far love them.

"all in one washer/dryer. We like the space saving all in one idea"

I think Jerry wants a combo unit.
    Les Stallings
    Crossville TN
    2006 Country Coach XLII

In my last 1991 Beaver Conversion Prevost, I had a all in one unit. Hated it. Dryer side could never dry where the cloths were not wrinkled and took forever to dry. My new Asko stackable are awesome (so far)

The stackable Asko is the way to go. Does a much better job washing and drying IMO

Do you folks have a model number for the Askos you have?

Hello,

A few weeks ago I installed Asko washer model W2084. WU. and dryer model T208V.W.U

Love them..

Quote Originally Posted by Dthomas9572 View Post
    Hello,

A few weeks ago I installed Asko washer model W2084. WU. and dryer model T208V.W.U

Love them..
    Great! Thanks very much.