Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dometic AC Multi Zone Replacements (Three Units)

Default Dometic AC Multi Zone Replacements (Three Units)

I am taking down 3 units and replacing them with the new Penguins. \

I am using a new thermostat.
    https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-Digit...5D3C76YTFAYAH5

I noticed that it said you needed to order the Comfort Control CenterII multi zone kit
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do I need one of these kits for each AC Unit.

I am assuming that I can use the existing RJ11 cables. It looks like they daisy chain from the thermostat to each unit.

Currently for each unit there is
    1 12V pair of wires
    115 V with Ground (White and black)
    RJ11
    A small remote sensore wire

I only have one of the Multi Zone kits, so my question is do I need to order 2 more of these?
    Last edited by ken@kengolding.com; 04-05-2019 at 08:38 PM.

First, Domestic's documentation sucks!

Yes, each unit will need a CCC2 control card. Yes, maybe, the RJ-11/12 telephone cord may work. Make sure you verify the pin outs.

All but the first unit requires the separate temperature sensor. All should have them so you can install the thermostat wherever you want.

I just went through the same.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks I will get two more.

I replaced all three Dometic 630215.321 roof air and thermostat on my 1998 Royale. The Direct AC replacement was 651815 with thermostat 3314082.000 in black or 314082.011 in white.

Just finished installed all three of them on the roof. When I opened them, they all had the same board already installed.
    I guess I will set the dip switches and wire them up

Ken,

Unless you tell Dometic otherwise, all new units that have the control board will have the CCC2 compatible control card. Don't forget to turn the furnace dip switch on if you are using the blue wire for your Aqua Hot or Webasto in that zone.

Gil and Durlene

I did not hook that up, but I will once I figure it out.

All three units run on my hookup, the previous units would trip the breaker at the house.

I ran it with 2 and it was able to cool it with no issues.

I need to do something for the Thermostat mount, but that is just a matter of duplicating the current wooden mount, just a bit longer.

I had to rebuild all the venting because it was basically crumbling. It is all new now.

I have a 96 CC XL40 with the three Dometic roof airs and Webasto control through the same thermostat. I'd LOVE to read a full blown - what specifically to order, and how specifically to perform - changeover instructions for dummies on this.

I wrote Dometic and this is their replay. You must replace all three roof airs and upgraded the thermostat.
    Subject: Product Support
    Message: I have a 1998 Prevost Royale conversion. The original A/C units are 630215.321 with the 5 button thermostat. I want to replace all three units and thermostat. I would like to make the replacement as easy as possible and use the current thermostat sensors. Height of the units is not a problem. What do you recommend?

reply:
    Thank you for contacting Dometic. Direct AC replacement is going to be 651815 with thermostat 3314082.000 in black or 314082.011 in white.

Mark,

Weren't you asking Dometic what you needed to replace your rooftop units and thermostat? That's how they answered you.

The only thing else you might need depends on whether your units drain through the coach rather than on the roof. If they drain through the coach you'll need another roof gasket or through the coach drain kit. The kit will include the drain reservoirs and connecting tubes.

FWIW, I kept one of my old roof units when I switched to the 10 button thermostat. The new CCC2 control did not work properly. The AC and HP operation were backwards. I fixed that by adding a relay. My original unit was an 02 vintage.

Gil and Durlene