Thread: Slide Seal Leak

Default Slide Seal Leak

I have a slide seal like at the top of the salon slide. Eek! I releveled the coach via the HWH air leveler as the coach had settled low on the passenger side. This has taken the water away from the slide seal and stopped the leak. Can I leave the HWH air leveler in sleep mode indefinitely to keep the coach level? That will keep the water away from the seal while I figure out what to do. Any thoughts on the slide seal?

As long as the HWH is in auto level mode it will wake up every 15 minutes and attempt to relevel the coach. You can get tge coach into the position you want and then turn the HWH leveling off and it will stay unless you have a suspension leak.

A Prevost slide seal is not too bad to change. You won't have a Prevost slide. You need to find out how the seal is replaced. Some require full removal of the slide.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I definitely have a suspension leak. I was taught during my walkthrough to auto level and then turn the system off. When I did that I would maintain level for 12 hours or so before it started losing level. By 24 hours all air was lost. I left the HWH on tonight after releveling. One bonus is I can air up suspension with the 110v compressor! Is there any extra wear and tear on the HWH when using sleep mode vice turning it off?

Slide seal:

My seal is holding air all the way around. Since I was low on the passenger side, I imagine I had some pulled up water on top of the slide. Was I asking too much of the slide seal to hold out pooled up water from the rain? The bedroom slide does not appear to be leaking. When the weather is better I am going to climb up outside to see what I can see.

If the slide seal is holding air but water is getting through, you probably have debris between the seal and slide.

This may not apply to your coach. A Prevost slide has a Z bar on the top of the slide and the chassis. With the slide out these overlap to prevent the air seal from pushing the middle of the slide structure down. If it pushes the slide down in the center rain will puddle until you move the slide. Then it will come into the coach.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion