Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: POG III Travel Plans

lewpopp Guest

Debi

Believe it or not, I can't think of a cute comment to make back. Can you imagine me at a loss of words? When I get to the III, I'll just sit back and listen to the rest of them. They won't recognize me as a quiet person.

As for sharing in the fuel, I am so fortunate in receiving the fuel cards, I'm still besides myself. You would be a welcome addition on the trip. You may or may not enjoy going 62.5 all of the way. We will be on the Mobilgas Economy Run even with the fuel gift.

BTW. We do not stop for tacos.

Lew

[Debi
    Believe it or not, I can't think of a cute comment to make back. Can you imagine me at a loss of words?
    Lew]

aha, so that is why I felt the earth stand still late this morning No Tacos is fine with me. 62.5 is a little slow but maybe Kathy or I can drive and you can nap

lewpopp Guest

Now thundering Deb....You want to go at a higher speed, huh? You'll have to fight off Kathy for a higher speed. She can tell if I pick up the speed by only 1 MPH even when she on the pot. I get no breaks, no how.

A lot of things in life have to be done slower in order to make the business at hand enjoyable.

Lew

Woo Hoo!!

Got reservations in Santa Fe Skies the 19th, Sunny Acres the 20th, Ft Stockton KOA the 21st, and Buckhorn Lake the 22nd. See you all on the road.

Buckhorn said to give them a call when the West Coast POG herd is getting close, so they can get all there ducks in a row. Hmmmm. Maybe we can find a Rest Area/Layover Spot before Buckhorn's exit and we can space ourselves at 10-15 minute arrival intervals, so not to overwhelm the check-in personnel.

BTW, how many POG caravanners from the west will there be in Las Cruces? Ken and Harry, we know?......

Breaker/Breaker, Rubber Duck!
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

I'm just trying to be logical here so this suggestion might not work.

Since a bunch of coaches are likely to descend on the RV park all at once, has anyone ever considered to just make a lot assignment list that can be placed in big letters near the entrance, and then after the coaches are in place the owners can then go check in?

Or will this be the normal check in procedure that makes folks head to Wal-Mart?

Good idea Jon,

We knew before hand what site we had at Santa Fe. But, I needed to go into the office anyhow. With the Airstream vintage bunch, the planning committee, (Chris and I are part of), we hae a "Parking Bastard" who assigns a rig a site, also allowing for preferences of who is next to whom. So, if we can get a lot assignment going, and park when we get there, then hit the office, that should work just as well as staggering our arrival. Plan "B", tho, could be the staging a staggered coach arrival.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Jon. Sounds like a good idea... if we had a map of the sites prior to arriving.. or I would have to go into the office anyway. Maybe a 'host' at the entrance directing people to their sites.. any volunteers?
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

lewpopp Guest

If you are traveling in a caravan, arriving 15 minutes apart defeats the plan. Call ahead and tell them of Jon's idea.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Just saw a weather report this morn. on the tube and there was pictures of Kerrville, very flooded. Best to get that out of the way now hu.

win42 Guest

I'm sure Jim would be happy to have all of the sites pr-assigned and meet us upon entering the park, clipboard in hand, and direct us to our respective sites using POG volunteers to help him.
    Wouldn't you Jim huh Jim wouldn't you?
    Roger and John would no doubt have cocktails waiting at the ready.
    Thank you Jim.
    Is this a great group or what.