Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: POG III Travel Plans

Default POG III Travel Plans

I noticed truk4u made a comment about the road condition of I 10. I have heard this route will "beat your coach to death" from other people also. He mentioned I 20 as an alternate. We will be heading there from Florida or North Carolina, but dont know which one yet. Anyone else have an opinion of the I 10 road surface condition ? Nothing like slamming these beauties in and out of "potholes" at 62.5 to 70.0 mph.

99 Country Coach 45XL

Jim,

I was thru there last month. Is it good? No. Is it bad? Yes. Is it WAY bad? Not as much as it was. They have done a lot to the bad section between Baton Rouge thru Lake Charles and on to the state line.

It is a gut rattler, so just make sure everything is tied down. I saw a segment on Mythbusters about driving on rough roads. It was scientifically proven that if you drive faster on a rough road, it is actually smoother inside the vehicle. However, the suspension must take a hammering, so let your conscience be your guide. I am sure Jon will slow to 22.5 mph for that portion of the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Winchester View Post
    Jim,

I saw a segment on Mythbusters about driving on rough roads. It was scientifically proven that if you drive faster on a rough road, it is actually smoother inside the vehicle.
    That's why I always take the speed bumps on my road to 40+.

Never notice them.

mm

lewpopp Guest

If I were to try to go around I-10, I would go many miles out of the way. I see no routes to take as an alternative.

Coming from Florida your kinda screwed and have to take the washboard. Keep in mind Anaconda Boy was probably in his Redneck Caddy on his recent trip and didn't have the opportunity to once again beat his bus to death on I-10. Besides, his biggest concern was not spilling his Yoohoo needed to wash down the bag of Taco's followed by a Moon Pie.

Smile POG lll West Coast Travel Info...IMPORTANT

Guys and gals,

For all people meeting and/or staying on Beaudry's around April 19th.

I reserved a rally rate at Beaudry's. Call toll free.. 877-694-9176 ($27 nite + tax) . Please tell reservations you are with Prevost Owners Group lll. This rate is good 5 days before and 5 days after April 19th as well. All 10 spaces with be 65' pull thrus...she will set up more spaces if we need it.

Please let your friends know about this posting.

Ken Zitter and I have made the first two reservations.

Smile IMPORTANT...part 2

All,

Here is info on the next two nights:

April 20th...Sunny Acres..Las Cruces NM...505-524-1716...$31.49 per night for pull thus...they have 10 pull thu sites...

April 21st...KOA Ft. Stockton Texas...800-562-8607...$27 per night for a pull thu.. with a card...KOA/FMCA etc.

April 22...KERRVILLE !!!!!

Great job Mike.

Remember everyone, that's getting into Kerrville a day early, and you'll need to contact them directly to get a spot. They should give us the rally rate, up to 4 days before or after.

If we play our cards right,(Just bought a new house and building a bigger barn) we will spend a night in Santa Fe and meet up with the West Coasters in Las Cruces on the 20th .

Whoohooo! The more the merrier!