Thread: CPVC to PEX water system

Default CPVC to PEX water system

The other day we notice a slight spray leak in some elbow under the sink. Finally the old cpvc gave out. A day later of bad language and the like I decide to redo the water bay with a pex system. I dont have a lot going in and out from what I can see. Hot water runs from aqua hot to shower, bathroom sink, kitchen and sink in bed room. Cold water all the same place except to include the refrigerator. My pump is currently a head hunter under the bed and I would like to relocate the thing in water bay. I will keep everyone posted with pictures as the "project" starts and finishes. Thanks.

Jameson
    2001 H3-45. Superbus.

Wow, that could be a huge job. The shower can be real challenge if the controls are against the outside wall.

With that many connections I assume you'll be investing in a good crimp tool. Crimped fittings are probably better than the push on fittings.

Keep us posted.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Still in the planning stages after the headache of not having it and having to turn everything off to resolve a leak under the sink and almost causing a divorce, I figured its worth checking out or doing a modified version. All the hot water in series on the bathroom side was not the ideal setup. Nor is getting under the tiny sink to fix anything. good times.

The common distribution method, which is a good one, is to home run each appliance back to central manifold with cutoff valves. If doing a series run, make sure each service has a cutoff valve nearby.

Gil and Durlene

Gil,
    Do you have any recommendations for central manifold for my application? I have friend who is a boater who wants to help with the job. I mentioned to him out of the blue and he seemed excited. Thank God.

Gil and Durlene

I have used the Manabloc systems before, and they are super easy! I highly recommend as well! I wish that the liberty had this style setup.. I have seem the manifolds on several Hoffmans and Marathons.