Thread: Liberty Coach

Default Liberty Coach

It was recently brought to my attention that the newest Liberty currently listed on the Liberty site is a 2017.

I'd say that they r having a good year!

I wonder what the wait time for a new one is right now?

How many did the other big guys do this year? Anybody know?

Another thing on Liberty I find really remarkable is the size of the facilities they produce in. Say compared to Marathons plant, I dont think its 1/5 the size. How they put out that amount of conversions a year they do from a place that small is nothing short of remarkable. And through the Chicago winters too.They gotta wanna real bad.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 12-13-2019 at 07:27 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

I was just a Liberty in Stuart training a new Luberty owner. There must have been 15 gorgeous late model Liberties available. Sure there were a few sold signs, but still plenty of selection.

I heard from a reliable source that 2020 model year coach sales are brisk. Obviously, Liberty is doing something right.

Joe, I'm not sure production numbers is an all inclusive metric. Using just number of coaches produced, I believe Liberty's production numbers have stayed pretty constant, at least for the past several years. That suggests they are running their plant at a pace they feel comfortable with.

Marathon is the hands down winner when it comes to number of coaches produced a year. I'd guess they are producing at least 50% more coaches than their nearest competitor. They may well account for nearly half of all motorhome conversions produced a year.

Of course, there is more to grading a converter than production numbers. I'm pretty sure Chevy makes more cars than Bentley, Rolls Royce, and Ferrari combined.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Hmm, I sure don’t see Marathon as the Chevy of Comverters.

I sure didn't try to suggest Marathon was the Chevy. Simply numbers are only one metric.

Don't you now have the Chevy or is it the Yugo ;-)

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Chevy Cobalt bought new 2005, now over 316K miles. Routine maintenance. I can count the repairs on one hand, mostly components. Alternator and heater core around 250K, water pump 290K, starter and window lift motor 312K.
    Original fuel pump, wheel hub/bearings, A/C system never opened or charged. Still drives nice and everything works as it should. Pretty happy with this one!

Gil I know you weren't slammin Chevy just a production numbers thing.
    Last edited by BGLogistics; 12-13-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40