Thread: Rejoined POG

Default Rejoined POG

All,
    Hello I was a member of POG during the 2014/15 time frame. Recently talked with Andy Pargh and he suggested that I renew my membership with POG. Looked at some Prevosts during 2014/15, but did not purchase. My schedule at that time was full so I did not have the time to invest the time that I thought necessary to make a responsible purchase decision. The time crunch made it difficult to visit different dealers or individuals selling their Prevost's. Looked at a couple of Prevosts in early 2017, but then purchased a 2008 Newell Coach. I had spent more time researching Newells then Prevosts. Interest in purchasing a Prevost has recently resurfaced.
    We have owned a 2003 Country Coach Intrigue (Good coach), 2004 Foretravel U320 (Money Pit), 2012 Foretravel IH 45 (BOO!), and the 2008 Newell Coach (Good coach). The Country Coach and the Newell have been the best coaches that we have owned. We like the Newell, but there are features that are missing or needs adjusting.
    We are looking for a 2002-09 Prevost XLII or H3 45. We would prefer an XLII, but would consider a H3 45. I am looking for certain features versus brand names. I want a transmission retarder, king size bed, opposing couches, the tv either folding down or up front. I do not want the tv on one of the interior walls of the passenger slide. On the XLII I want the panels repaired or at least checked by Prevost. In the basements I want the sliding Joey beds. My wife likes the stacked washer/dryer and dishwasher. I would like to have 365 tires for steering and tag.
    Look forward to reading the different threads and obtaining new information about Prevosts.

Reese
    Last edited by rcantrell52; 03-03-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Reese,

I'm not sure you asked any questions. You can certainly get what you asked for. In late 03, 365 tires were the standard offering. FWIW, if you fall in love with an earlier coach without 365 tires that could benefit from them, I can't recommend you install them on the tag axle.

If you have specific questions, please ask.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil,
    Thank you for your response. I asked some questions about the chassis and handling of the XLII and H3 45 in a different category.
    Reese