Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member

Default New Member

We have a Liberty 40' xl that we have been working on. I seems the projects will not end. I will get them done eventually. So far we made some interior changes, Rebuilt the top on our aux air compressor, changed the house batteries, fixed lights. I change some over to LED's. There was also a full service of fluids and filters on Trans, Engine and Gen Set. On the list is the BusAir, Wabasto, New Radio and Nav systen. I have a issue with the leveling system I am trying to run down now. I have a few interior lights inop. Other than that the wife wants in motion Sat TV.

HTML Code:
    http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/album.php?albumid=89
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome Skywagon. No matter how hard you try, there is always something to work on.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Once done, the enjoyment should be worthwhile.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Beautiful bus, tho I may be partial to that year and style :-)

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40

If you get in motion for your wife keep the Winegard traveler dish that you currently have on the bus because if you don't you won't be able to pick up DirecTV in HD once you get stopped. That dish you've currently got on the bus is the only one on the market that will pick up DirecTV in HD that I'm aware of.

Nice bus forties I think I have better proportions then anything else they ever built.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 02-23-2019 at 10:49 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Joe, Thanks. I will move to dish I have been there too long to change. The channel placement on direct keeps us lost. The previous owner left his direct hooked up till I make the change. I will give the traveler back to them.

I always used Dish until I got the in motion satellite. I tried to keep Dish, but always had issue with it and the in motion. It would lose the satellites both when driving and sitting overnight. I had Wally receivers and was told to try 211z receivers, however they still had issues. I finally switched to Directv and haven’t had any issues. I guess the big difference is Dish needs 3 satellites and Direct only needs 1. You do lose HD with Directv.

FYI, in motion systems only track one satellite. I would suspect a bad satellite system if it could not hold its lock on the satellite, especially when parked. I don't use satellite, if I did I'd be hard pressed to accept SD reception when DISH supports HD. Of course, to each their own.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

How long before none of these dishes will be required and alacart programing comes thru a smart phone without buffering. It's already here to a certain degree just not completely refined yet. I'm so looking forward to the day I call my provider and tell them I'm canceled.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Gil,

It was really difficult for me to lose the HD. I spent weeks working with TracVision tech support and everyone I talked to gave me the same answer. The satellite system would hold its lock when parked, except at night it loses the lock because the TracVision system goes into sleep mode when not in use and the Dish receiver around 2AM would relocate the satellites. Since the TracVision needs to be in “check-switch” mode for the receiver to locate the satellites it would only find the last satellite it was locked on.

I thought the system was broken also. After switching to Directv I haven’t had any issues.
    Last edited by jgreen; 02-23-2019 at 11:37 AM.