Thread: Prevost Rally....Oh Oh!

Default Prevost Rally....Oh Oh!

I just got back from the Rally and had never been there. I may be hooked. I am starting the process. If you were to ask me right now. I would say I am interested in a 2002- 2008 or so. Seem to like the Marathons best but would be more interested in a very clean, exceptionally maintained coach. I definitely prefer the look and ceiling height of the XL.

Knowing my wife, she would not want a "Liberace" type of decor. She is very traditional.

We have lived on our 43' sailboat for 2 years. Older model but very high quality. That is what attracts us to the Prevost.

We currently have a 2015 Coach House 241 XL DT Platinum II. If you are not familiar they are class B plus on a Sprinter chassis. Family owned direct to consumer located in Venice Florida (so are we). They are no Prevost but probably one of the best high quality B plus made. New they are around $180,000.

Our budget all in is about $500,000. Heading west from Florida in April and will probably visit some Brokers and Converters to actually see what is out there.

Looking for advice and suggestions for next steps. No hurry but would pull the trigger if it was the right thing. In addition would consider updating flooring, bedding, soft goods, etc. etc. if the "bones" and quality of the coach was right. Of course the paint would have to be right and I would probably not be interested in painting.

One last question, Is there a reason that none of the paint jobs on the XL are primarily one color without all of the swoops?

I was very impressed by the knowledgable people at the rally and willingness to help.

Thanks,

Pierre McCormick

I think I may have seen your Coach House heading North on the Turnpike this afternoon. Did you happen to pass a Flxible Starliner?

20180313_144912.jpg

Solid color Prevo are out there but they're few and far between here's a Marathon every time I show people this picture everybody loves this black bus. Boy I wouldn't want to have to keep it clean but he takes care of it it's a good bus. I think John Force has a white h a solid white H. This bus had a prior owner that was an IndyCar team owner.

Good luck with your search the best thing you could do is get somebody like Gill to help you take a look a good look at it before you pull the trigger. Whatever your budget is keep the purchase price to about 80% of your budget so you've got a bunch of Lou bucks to take care of the things that are in need or you want to change after you get it.

I think that most first time Prevo people that are boat people already are usually well more prepared for the task at hand and I think you guys will do fine. They're both in the same Realm and there's lots of similarities because of it.

Now that we're on the topic it occurs to me that they have this buses and bikers group. Where's the buses in boats group there's got to be a half dozen poggers that are active that have done this boat to bus thing.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 02-16-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

It wasn't me as I left a day early. Beautiful classic bus you own. BTW I have learned a lot from your YouTube videos and wanted to tell you that but your a popular team at the Rally.

Thank you! I heard nothing but good things about Gil and have not met him but have already connected via email and he has already provided some good information.

Yes there are lots of similarities with boating, including the community. I am wondering if during the buying process one makes an offer contingent on an inspection (survey-boats). The actual selling price is than negotiated against what the inspection shows. Is that a common practice?

Yes it is.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

We were at the rally also and had a great time. We live in Colorado and have traveled throughout the west. If you are to buy or sell a coach, it should be in the east. There is almost nothing west of the Mississippi. We are in Florida right now and have experienced the plethora of coaches of all kinds. Buy and trade here.

Like Joe said, solid color motorhome conversions are rare. I helped with the purchase of an all black Marathon H-3. Stunning when clean! There's a solid white late model late model Millennium H-3 in the resort I'm at now. Solid color entertainer conversions are more prevalent. Look at Russell Coach to get a look at what solid coaches look like.

Yes, most inspections I have conducted have been a contingency of the sale, just like a yacht survey. These are obviously capital investments that should be inspected.

Your budget should afford you a very nice coach. I recommend you go to Prevost-Stuff.com and do a search of all coaches in your budget +/- 20%. Pick your top and bottom 5 or so choices. Then take the results and right down the top reasons you loved the top picks and dislikes the bottom picks. You might be surprised that you likely narrowed the coach quest down to a couple converters, years and configurations. You will also will have likely better identified your budget.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

@pierriem53, I would be happy to share my recent purchase experience and inspections etc that were performed. Feel free to PM me. My purchase went pretty flawless, but do keep the 80% suggested by Joe in mind. I have done roughly 10 k in work to the bus, but that was all factored in to the purchase price based on inspection findings.