Thread: Tahoe towing

Default Tahoe towing

For various reasons thinking of giving up the 4 dr Wrangler and towing Tahoe. Does anybody have experience to know if the mileage would change much andd more importantly hill climbing with the additional 1000lbs? Unfortunately the bus doesn’t have hill climbing ability of my old CC Magna. Don’t want to have to get out and push!

We tow a 1 ton single wheel diesel chevy. I go slow through the mountains however I don't find the bigger vehicle being an issue. I cannot comment on the milage. It does make for a lot of wide turns with the extra length.

2001 h3-45

Gary,

We towed a Tahoe for years after towing a 2-door Jeep Wrangler. The change to the Tahoe didn't seem to make much difference in the ability to climb a hill (at 50,000 lbs plus tow car they don't do it fast). Make sure you get the Tahoe with the neutral transfer case switch (some have it and some don't). We had two Tahoes and had to order the last one with the neutral transfer case switch. The process is as simple as shifting the transfer case to neutral and going. I don't know about the newer models but our Tahoe didn't have a steering wheel lock so you didn't have to worry with that. M&G makes an integrated brake that works really well.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Sorry for delay in responding been gone. That’s helpful,thanks