Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glass care

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Try the 0000steel wool on a dry window, it's the easiest way.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 03-05-2007 at 08:59 AM.

The Wipe Out product is called "Oxidation Remover and Polish" and comes in a 12 oz bottle. The stuff works...

Lew - Since the Wipe Out guy is at your park, have him show you how this stuff works. His products are good, just ask Mango, AP and JDUB. They bought everything in Alb except his four wheeler!

Lew,

Be careful as it's easy to get carried away.

mm

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    Lew,

Be careful as it's easy to get carried away.

mm
    Reference : steel wool or oxidation remover ?

Sorry Jim, I should have been more detailed.

I was referring to buying products from the Wipe Out guy. It's easy to get carried away with his products and offerings.

Mike

jim,i buy 2 different grades of cerium for different processes in my plant,i have a vendor who has optical grade cerium,which is a very high quality product and might sell for $25 per pound.the products i use cost less than $3 per pound,but they are a much lower grade of cerium.i think anyone with a buffer or lots of elbow grease can get rid of the spots,i am sure that other products will work fine,but since i am in the mirror manufacturing business i wanted to use something that i had confidence in,that is why i chose the cerium oxide product.if you want to try some cerium i will be glad to send it to you.jack

I'm sure a number of us have exactly the same issue (I do as well). Anyone willing to talk/show/demonstrate at POG3?

Quote Originally Posted by jack14r View Post
    jim,i buy 2 different grades of cerium for different processes in my plant,i have a vendor who has optical grade cerium,which is a very high quality product and might sell for $25 per pound.the products i use cost less than $3 per pound,but they are a much lower grade of cerium.i think anyone with a buffer or lots of elbow grease can get rid of the spots,i am sure that other products will work fine,but since i am in the mirror manufacturing business i wanted to use something that i had confidence in,that is why i chose the cerium oxide product.if you want to try some cerium i will be glad to send it to you.jack
    Jack , I would like to try what you are recommending. This glass problem has used up way to much of my time. Like I said I earlier, I have tried so many compounds and chemicals without success. Please send me some with any directions I need and a bill. Thanks so much !

Jim Keller
    10716 64th Ave. N.
    Seminole, Florida 33772

jim,i will send 2 different grades of cerium tomorrow,check and see if you can find the duragloss nu glass product in florida,try napa.jack

lewpopp Guest

I have gotten sucked into buying his stuff twice only because I didn't locate what I already had on hand. I really don't recall anything that is actually called with the name "oxidation" in it. I'll look over the stuff I have and then I'll ask him if he's still here.

His stuff isn't cheap as I recall. He came in here with his Safari coach and a trailor twice as tall behind it.

Lew