Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glass care

Default Glass care

I have been working on waxing the Coach. I have gotten around to the windows now. I can not get the water marks off the glass. Is there any way to remove this from the glass? I have used several window and glass cleaners and no luck. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Just Plain Jeff Guest

What the heck do you have on your windows?

Anyway, The Boss has determined that a mild solution of warm water and vinegar works. Put it in a spray bottle and use the black and white section of the newspaper (no color or roto sections) to apply and wipe clean.

Cleaning glass and mirrors is a hit and miss deal.

Good luck!

Gary,

Nothing works except some magic stuff sold by our sponsor, Wipe Out Systems. I'll get the name off the bottle and post it for you. I tried a small corner of the window and the spots and acid rain were gone. Nothing else works and I have tried just about everything. Now you put the pressure on me, time to do all the windows.

win42 Guest

At POG2 Rogers wife indicated she had good results on their many interior mirrored surfaces using " Clear Windex " We have tried it with good results. Our sponsors product should also be tried when Truk comes up with the name. They take the time for us, we should try and support them.

lewpopp Guest

I njust happen to be in the middle of the same job of waxing the coach.

Last year my windows looked almost like the water spots were etched into the glass. I tried putting the wax on the windows and cleaned it off the same way I did with the painted surfaces. Wipe it off with two rags. The windows come out perfect.

Wipe-Out is here in our resort. He arrived today and it will be interesting to see him try to sell his wears. We really don't allow any signs or sales items in the park and in addition to that, NO ATV'S. I think he'll have a problem. I already have all of his products and the wax on the windows worked the best.

Lew

Yes , its mineral deposits etched in the glass. I used Vinegar to no avail. I tried wax, and no help. Three different window cleaning products, no luck. I waxed half of all the windows anyway and its more pronounced. It looks like its in the glass itself. I would be interested in knowing that product. I will contact them. Thank you . Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Sounds like your dealing with some real hard water Gary.

Used to run a mobil power wash and had a couple of costomers with real bad nasty hard water and your post reminds me of them

Try a pad of OOOO steel wool. We use it to get lime dust off the windows on the tractor, when we work in the steel mill. You use this method with completly dry windows, mirrors too. Amazingly leaves no sctatches. Experiment, you'll see.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 03-04-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Gary,I am in the mirror business and i have access to a variety of polishing compounds,last year i tried 3 different cerium compounds on the windows of my xl2,i mixed them with 3m rubbing compound and they worked fair.i was never satisfied with the amount of time it was taking to remove the water spots and i kept trying other products,i purchased 2 other products at the glass machinery show in las vegas,they were ok but not great.i then discovered a product called nu glass manufactured by duragloss,i mixed the highest grade of cerium with it and used a buffer with a wool pad and the water spots could be removed,i think the spots on my coach were etched into the glass,and i do not think a glass cleaner will have any results.duragloss alone worked fairly well,napa has it in stock.jack

Wink Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

Gary,I am in the mirror business and i have access to a variety of polishing compounds,last year i tried 3 different cerium compounds on the windows of my xl2,i mixed them with 3m rubbing compound and they worked fair.i was never satisfied with the amount of time it was taking to remove the water spots and i kept trying other products,i purchased 2 other products at the glass machinery show in las vegas,they were ok but not great.i then discovered a product called nu glass manufactured by duragloss,i mixed the highest grade of cerium with it and used a buffer with a wool pad and the water spots could be removed,i think the spots on my coach were etched into the glass,and i do not think a glass cleaner will have any results.duragloss alone worked fairly well,napa has it in stock.jack

Jack, Do you ever see a reflection of yourself in your work? JIM

Please be more specific about the Cerium oxide : best grade?, where to buy?, how to use without ruining something!
    In your opinion is your method doable by a non expert? Thanks JIM

I am really interested in this Thread. My windows have the same problem and I am battling it now. So far I have tried everything from rubbing compound to acid. Getting close to sandpaper !

99 Country Coach 45XL