Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Iowa

Default Hello from Iowa

Purchased my first prevost last fall after a year long search. Found mine in south Carolina. It's a 2 owner coach in good shape for an 88 but like all 30 year olds I have started and will continue with updates over the next few years. I'm looking forward to being part of the prevost community. Greetings and a happy and prosperous New Year to all. Doug and Nancy2018081795200045.jpg2018081795200024.jpg

Congratulations!

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

That's a good lookin 88 and it's a Marathon. I would not be going to far out on a limb to tell someone looking at a 30yr old 2 owner bus it's probably well cared for if someone came across one and inquired.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 12-29-2018 at 02:52 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Thanks gil and Joe. It's had good care as the previous owner gave me a diary of every trip and expense he made since he purchased in 2001. It's made for some good reading as well as being able to know the history and what has already been done mechanically. The engine has a 17000 mile complete out of frame ohaul with suspension and air bag replacement as well.Having said that per our conversation last week it is time for some updates. Completely gutted and replaced plumbing this fall and next year planning on tackling air leaks and related problems with your help so keep me on your list for summer of 19.

Beautiful. I’m from Iowa too. Ames. Just picked up a 99 Country Coach. Going through it big time as the previous owner just used it. Winter in Mesa AZ do get to use it all year around. Have fun. See you on I35 / I80 maybe. Cam Lewis

Lewis, pictures please.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks cam.we're in Sierra Vista for the winter. Good luck with your 99.

Nice looking bus Doug! I'm extremely new here too and have learned a lot here in a very short time. You are lucky you got a history. Mine appears to be in good shape overall - but I have NO IDEA when/if anything on chassis has been replaced - no history whatsoever. I'm on Joe's list - looking forward to that.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

If you notify Prevost that you are the new owner of your coach, (give them your vin#) they can supply you with a record of any work they have performed on it.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

I will give that a shot thank you.