Thread: Window Leak Passenger Door

Default Window Leak Passenger Door

2005 XLII leak around the small moveable passenger window. Noticed the leather at the bottom of the door panel was coming apart. Took door panel apart to discover extensive water damage from leak around small sliding window. Water tested and found water leaking from all around window seals. Does anyone have experience with this issue? Does replacement of the Prevost window moulding, felt and flap seal solve the problem? Also, not sure how to go about replacing these parts if this in fact will solve the problem. I have heard there may be a water track of some type in the doors that channels the water outside. Does anyone know if this is correct, and if so, where it is located? Any ideas or experiences on these issues? Thanks Dan

If it's like the XL windows and I don't know if it is, you have to have the coach level or tilted such that the front is higher than the rear. Otherwise, water can fill the track and overflow. Also, on an XL, there are weep holes on the exterior of the track. They must be kept open. I know my answer is not specific to XL-IIs, but it may be the same.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion