Thread: Truck Stop Parking

Default Truck Stop Parking

Parking in truck stops can be dangerous. Taking an end parking space can be the riskiest. Since the mandate that truckers use electronic logs truck stops are getting jammed up with trucks parked everywhere. Sometimes just leaving after getting fuel late at night can be a challenge navigating the narrow passages left by the wrongfully parked trucks. I have never overnighted in a truck stop and hope I never have too. I would feel guilty taking a space from the commercial truckers. Besides that, they are noisy with trucks moving at all hours and refer units cycling on and off. I generally just use a lot in a business that I know I'll vacate before anyone shows up in the morning.

Here's one of the risks. Yes, he parked in a no parking space, but he still should not have been hit.

20181203_091212.jpg

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Some truck stops I hear have gone to reserved spots .... run same as an RV park.
    AL

Rest areas r no different. U get woken up in darkness by someone cleaning your clock and by the time u get your pants on the offender is gone.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

As an entertainer, it is very difficult for me to plan campground stops. I have found Truck Stops a very convenient place to stop. It is true that you need to get your spot before dark, as the spots fill up quickly. I have found truckers are ok with Prevost as they assume they are commercial vehicles. RVs are usually frowned on. I do try to call Walmarts in smaller towns and make sure stopping there is ok. Many especially in cities are not allowing overnight parking . Downside to dry camping is the hours on the generator, which is a cost that has to be considered.

I do try every third day make reservations at a campground so I can fill and dump tanks.

What are the odds another Wal Mart truck hit him ????
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

David,

I find it easier to stop overnight in a bank parking lot, warehouse parking lot, or stay over where ever I ate dinner. I just make sure I plan to leave before anyone arrives in the morning.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I'm with Gil. If you pull out before 7AM, you are usually OK in most places like this.
    Towson Engsberg
    2006 Legendary XLii DS

Anyone in need of a safe place to overnight along I-79 in North Central WV let me know. Have a clean, falt multi-acre yard where I park and maintain the trucks. Free to you, no utilities (have water and 120volt if needed) but its free and safe. Have a mechanic also, tires, brakes lights but not a Prevost guy.

Exit at #121 I-79 (Bridgeport WV), 5 miles from the exit. If you need, call me and I'll bring you in. 732-939-8684

Happy Motoring!
    Steve