Thread: Delco DN50 Alternator

Default Delco DN50 Alternator

Does anyone know where I might obtain a rebuilt 12 volt DN50 or a replacement?

My current alternator appears to have decided it no longer wants to work after 185,000 miles. We have a good 12 vdc field current but no output (as a matter of fact, the output is actually at - 1.2 volts)

Many thanks.

Most good alternator shops can rebuild them, which would be your best bet. There's a place near Orlando, and the name escapes me, was charging $500 to rebuild them.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks for the replies. There is no one in the Naples /Ft Myers area that wants to rebuild this unit any longer. Prevost has them listed @ about $3500 each but has none in stock and Delco no longer builds the 12 volt version. However, it turns out that ELREG does manufacturer a direct replacement oil cooled unit for the DN50 in 12 volt for about $1150. They also build a "form, fit, function" air cooled replacement for the oil cooled DN50 at a price of about $1500. Not sure which I will choose, but a replacement alternator is available for any of you that have similar issues.

Thanks,
    H Potter

Try these guys in Edmonton. There is a Fedex 767 that leaves here every night so should be over night. worth a call and in CDN $.

http://cooperbrothersauto.com/