Thread: Road Warrior Tires?

Default Road Warrior Tires?

Has anyone in the group ever heard of and/or had any experience with Road Warrior Tires? http://www.roadwarriortires.com

I'm getting ready to replace all 8 tires on my Prevost XLV Vantare conversion and am trying to get the biggest bang for my meager bucks! Road Warrior model 366 20-ply 315/80R22.5 are $325.00 each, including free freight from their Houston, TX distribution center, before mounting/installation ($2,600.00 for a set of 8) and have a 70,000 mile warranty.

General info from the company website: "Road Warrior Tires, founded in 1998, Specializes in developing and manufacturing Tires for Trucks and Excavation Equipment. We have advanced tire production, development, and testing as well as professional engineers and management teams. We have a competitive warranty system and production of all steel radial TBR tires of 8 Million pcs/year. Our Road Warrior brand tires have been distributed in over 20 countries. Now we are working to expand our product into more markets."

Any input is appreciated!

I can see that some of the tires are Bridgestone clones. Personally I would not drive across the parking lot with these tires on my bus. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.....

David

Quote Originally Posted by Barclay View Post
    I can see that some of the tires are Bridgestone clones. Personally I would not drive across the parking lot with these tires on my bus. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.....

David
    Thanks for your input, David! I've googled reviews for Road Warrior truck tires and some people love them - while others share your opinion!

Did I miss their load rating? Do they publish an inflation table or expect them to be run at the rated pressure.

Although there are places to save a few bucks on a coach, tires isn't a good one.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I might not run them on steering, but maybe rear?

Nothin but Michilan for a Prevo.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

After fairly extensive shopping, I ended up deciding on 8 Goodyear Marathon 315/80R22.5's from ABC Companies in Winter Garden for a "drive out" price of $4,300 including mounting, spin balancing, and installation.

I may have been able to save a few more bucks by ordering Chinese tires and finding a local jobber to install them, but ABC is 16 miles from my Clermont, FL house, Goodyear is Van Hool's OEM tire, and the deal is "no muss, no fuss". ABC is installing our tires on Monday, 12/3!

I appreciate all the input from the group!