Thread: Major Repair Choices

Threaded View

After sleeping on it I'm going to suggest a magnum inverter, or inverters 4000 watt, 24 volt. Lifeline batteries 2, 4, or 6.

They will decide.

If they decide to go with 1 inverter and 2 batteries the bare minimum but completely adiquate if going from pole to pole, and, in the future get to boondocking or decide to sell, the bus could very easily be brought back to original spec.

Steve although those Northstar batteries look too tall to fit without modifying the spot I'm always curious. Looking for dimension and cost on the spec sheets and did not see either. I'm thinking 4d Lifeline at 550 or so each is hard to beat but always looking, and, new products always present.?

This is not the first old Marathon I'm invertering up. The prior projects were done with the very informed and professional assistance from Dick Wright at Wrico electronics. He is so educated on the older coaches he was able to tell me over the phone, wire numbers and colors for the panel and relays for the aniquated auto start marathon put in years back and getting the autostart function to go with the new Magnums with very little fuss.

I've also bought "marathon generator heads" (American made) from him and those also came with a tremendous amount of coustomer service that was revolving around those installs. Never made smoke with his product and direction.

When looking for components carried by Wrico there is no one else with coustomer service and knowledge after the purchase even close to theirs .
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 11-12-2018 at 05:28 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines