Thread: Direct TV Issue

Default Direct TV Issue

I am hoping that someone on the forum can assist with a Direct TV issue that I am having. Here is the back story.

I just finished having Marathon Texas install a new dish antenna and all new HD Tv's in my '06 Marathon. Of course that required installing two new Direct TV receivers that were supplied by Marathon. So far, so good.

I called Direct TV to delete the old SD receivers and activate the new receivers. I have been told by four different customer service reps/technical support staff that they can't activate these receivers because I didn't order them from Direct TV. I have added and updated equipment in the past without issue.

I am hoping someone on the forum can point me to the right person at Direct TV. At this point the best that I have been able to do is get them to have a tech come to the bus to activate the receivers. I am not really thrilled with that idea, but I will be home to South Dakota on Monday and there is a local tech with will come out.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

John Emmett
    Aberdeen, SD
    John Emmett NØMHz
    Aberdeen, SD
    2006 Marathon

John,

I believe DirecTV is correct. I wouldn't be too worried about one of their techs showing up. The system hopefully is fully functional. The tech will make a few bucks for nothing more than making sure you receive a signal.

Your best bet may be to go around DirecTV. Marathon knows a person that must be some kind of DirecTV agent that can't get you up and running. At least that worked a year or so ago at Marathon Florida.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

When I purchased my Marathon and needed to transfer the existing DirecTV receivers into my name, Marathon provided a name of a rep that made it fairly painless. Here's the contact info:

John Karim
    Account Manager
    Signal Group, LLC
    Direct Tel: 248.893.3310

Have your receiver info and card numbers on hand when you make the call.

Here is an update on this crazy issue. I have been on the phone with Direct TV for the past few hours. I have talked to at least 8 people as far up the food chain as I could go. I found where Marathon purchased the receivers and talked to the owner of the company. He tells me that he got the receivers from KVH and they will help get this issue sorted out.

Thanks Andy for the info on the account manager. That is a name and number that I will keep.

John Emmett

PS Andy, are you still riding your Vision? I am on my second one and still think it is the best bike on the road.
    John Emmett NØMHz
    Aberdeen, SD
    2006 Marathon

That doesn't work anymore. I hope you didn't tell them it's in a bus? Tell them it's your house or you open another can of worms.

Regardless of what you told them I just did this in AUG, took 3 out of my old bus an added 3 to the new one from Marathon.

Just call customer service and tell them what you want to do, they can't force you to buy from them. Multiple places sell receivers.

What you need is another ID number that is in the Direct box besides the receiver and card number. That shows them the receiver was purchased. Its on a white piece of paper about half the size of a business card.

If you told them it's in a bus, it shouldn't matter.

Later
    bv

Bernie & Deborah
    2019 Marathon X3 #1291
    2019 Intech Stacker

Here is the line that I got from them for whatever it's worth.

The last time I transferred the DirecTV account at my home in Chicago into my name I told them I wanted 2 HD receivers. I also told them that one of them I take with me in my RV. They asked me if the satellite I was hooking it to was in motion or stationary I am using a Winegard Traveller it's stationary so I can receive the HD channels with it. They told me if if it was an in-motion satellite they couldn't do what I was asking them to do but since it's a stationary dish I could do it. The second receiver had to be a genie WITH remote or it would not work so I took their advice they let me do it and it works but it was a royal pain in the ass to get that done. I think you can get as many different proposals from as many different people as you talk to over there.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Quote Originally Posted by n0mhz View Post
    PS Andy, are you still riding your Vision? I am on my second one and still think it is the best bike on the road.
    While the Vision was the best all-around bike I've ever owned, I stopped riding a number of years ago. Too many distracted drivers on the road. At least in a bus, we have a chance.