Thread: Converter Basics??

Default Converter Basics??

I'm pretty new to this research. Besides reading some articles on some of the sites..

is there a good spot for a sort of 'overview' of converters?

I'm interested in the 97 to 2000 non slide coaches.

It seems that there's some undercurrent there that I just don't get.

Liberty (OTR air.. I think i'd prefer that)

Vantare, CC, Marathon..

I need to get on more coaches and see and touch more.

is there some sort of code here? I feel i'm missing something. I'm not sure what's important and what isn't. If I'm looking at a coach with a single couch, but I THINK double couches would work for us.. is that a big deal? Do those components switch out easy?

SO much to learn. I'm going to try to make it to Tradewinds in Nov.. and make the PBI show in Feb.

JP

First, like the paint job, floorplan, and much of the interior. These cost too much to change.

Look at the listings on Prevost-stuff.com to see what you like or don't like. What's going on at Tradewinds? The West Palm show is a must attend for prospective buyers.

Call me and we can talk about the differences between conversions, 813-394-7470.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    First, like the paint job, floorplan, and much of the interior. These cost too much to change.

Look at the listings on Prevost-stuff.com to see what you like or don't like. What's going on at Tradewinds? The West Palm show is a must attend for prospective buyers.

Call me and we can talk about the differences between conversions, 813-394-7470.
    Thanks.. I will

My idea to go to Tradewinds (I'm headed to the villages to visit my mom in early Nov) was just to see and touch a few coaches. I mostly want to see the differences between the H3 and XL chassis WRT ceiling height and 'feel' of flat floor vs driving compartment. I THINK I'd like dual couches, booth dinette. But sometimes what you think works in a picture, in real life just isn't what you want.

Tradewinds seems to have a few there, and is pretty close driving from where I'm headed.

I've only ever been on one non slide coach. A Marathon. The fit, finish, and solid build made me want one...even at 20 years old.. Instead of a brand new RV. No comparison in quality.

JP

JP, there are no less than 5 Prevost sales centers and converters in close proximity to The Villages. I live not far from The Villages.
    Last edited by Gil_J; 10-16-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

We are in Sioux Falls. Happy to show our 2001 Prevost converted by Marathon and relate our search - which was extensive. Mike Bess 605-366-1299

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    JP, there are no less than 5 Prevost sales centers and converters in close proximity to The Villages. I live not far from The Villages.
    Thanks.. I for sure will call tomorrow. I'd gladly buy you lunch and pick your brain, or even just get advice on where to go, and what to look for.

Jason

Jason,

Glad we're on your mind! Come on down and see us whenver you'd like. We usually have 8-12 Prevost for sale (including a 2001 & 2002 non-slide currently) and would be happy to walk you thru them all. Like Gil said, lots of dealers in Central Florida so you're going to the right place to find a coach.

Feel free to call, text or email me anytime. My number is 386-848-4466

Thanks!
    --

Kyle Bennett
    Tradewinds Coach & Marine
    www.tradewindscoach.com
    kbennett@tradewindscoach.com

Great day.

I got to see coaches at Tradewinds, Donnie Myers, Featherlight and Excalibur.

Nothing can compare with seeing and touching the real thing.

Here was what I thought:

While I wouldn't completely rule out an H3.. I didn't like the stairs, or the lowered driving compartment.

I prefer the look of the XLII, but again, not a deal killer.

I wasn't much of a fan of the white laminate look. I really like the Royale. Real wood, more my style.. not 'vegas lounge' like at all.

I don't think slides are necessary. But I did like one coach that had a slide.. and I never put out out. The booth was still useable, as was the couch.

I think opposing couches is still my choice. BUT.. I got a lot of good advice about USING a coach for a while, before trying to make changes.

I still have a few more days in FL. I managed to visit my Alma Mater today as well.

My thanks to all I ran into today. I tried not to waste anyone's time.

JP