Thread: Slide seals

Default Slide seals

Greetings,
    I know the Prevost air / Marathon air has been discussed a few times; the slide seals on my coach are supplied by Prevost air, so unless the systems are tied together the slide air loses pressure.

Speaking with Marathon, my understanding is, on the new coaches they are providing air to the seals via Marathon air, which makes more sense to me. If I tie my systems together my compressor will cycle once every 4 to 5 hours, if they’re isolated the Marathon side will stay up for days, but the Prevost side will drop below the 10 pounds in about 24 hours.

Looking at the ¼ inch input line to the regulator for the slides, is there any reason why I couldn’t “T” into the Marathon pressure line in the plumbing bay (on the other side of the wall) that goes to the pressure gauge and feed just the input for the pressure regulator, and then I could keep the systems separate and the seals will stay inflated. I think the slide seals are supposed to hold air via like a check valve, and mine seem to kind of do that, but the slide seal gauge will read zero as the Prevost air goes down that far and the seals will seep out over time. Unless my seals are losing a fair amount of air, the compressor should run a lot less.

The Marathon air does have a water separator and I hardly ever have any moisture on that side of the system when checking the tank.

Your thoughts?

Dave

Dave,

When I get back home I can put something together that you can use to correct the slide air concern.

Do not tie the Marathon air to Prevost air at the Prevost valve! That Marathon air is likely unfiltered.

If you are nearby I could make the change.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Okay Gil,

Since you are in Beverly Hills Florida, I am about as far away as you can get. I look forward to seeing what you have put together.

Thank you Gil!