Thread: Wireless Dish Network

Default Wireless Dish Network

I have a dish network Wally receiver in the main cabin of the coach and another in the bedroom. The forward receiver works great. The rear receiver only gets a small portion of the channel lineup and will freeze frequently. I believe my issue is old rg59 cable that can’t handle the newer technology. It appears to be a minor miracle to run new cable in this coach, so my question is; how can i transmit my good signal in the forward part of the coach wirelessly to the rear of the coach? The TVs are both digital. Now, let me have it.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

RG-59 should work, even though RG-6 is preferred. Have you tried swapping the receivers?

Sometimes cable runs aren't too bad. Given you have an OTR air coach, you might find it fairly easy to snake a cable the length of the coach in the cable ducts at the bottom of the wall on either side. You can also go down into bays and use the large PVC pipes that run most of the length of the coach. Sometimes you can snake a cable through the ceiling going from puck light to puck light. Finally, it's sometimes possibly to run a cable down the ceiling ductwork if you have roof airs.

As for cable alternatives, I don't believe there are any for the network side of a satellite receiver. There are HDMI wired alternatives that could use your RG-59. There are wireless HDMI options as well. Both of these alternatives require you to move your receiver. If you this you'll need a RF cable boxes remote or an IR to RF converter.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I have used this on the coach & at home for several years - signal is as good as a wired signal.

https://www.iogear.com/solutions/av/?view=994
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Some of the products Jamie recommends have IR pass through. That takes care of how to control the satellite receiver if you relocate it.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks for the thoughts. I am going to explore those options.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4