Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lurker finally exposing himself

Welcome Rick,

Having spent a number of summers on the Jersey shore I have some great memories of the Garden State.

Hope you enjoy your time on POG and do your best to show off your bus at POG III.

Mike

POG lll will be tuff for me this year. I'm still working a full schedule, however if things work out and I can get away it doesn't take long for us to pack and go. Unfortunately I won't know until a few weeks before. But it is definitely on top of the list.

ken&ellen Guest

Cool Mahwah...it must be Jersey

Welcome Rick, As a former upstate NY guy Mahwah always signaled we were entering NJ. Twice a week for years I would drive to pick up my little girl from her mom's place in Princeton and then Mt. Holly. The traffic through the Oranges forced me to get my pilot's ticket and purchase a Mooney aircraft. That was some time ago...Ford still had a plant in Mahwah! Like Mango I have fond memories of Cape May in the summer and Atlantic City's Steel Pier.
    Ken & Ellen

Memories.....I still remember touring the Mahwah plant when they were building the 56 Fords. For those too young to remember that was when a Ford was a Ford, not a gazillion different vehicles with the Ford oval.

My dad was a Ford service manager for a large Ford dealership in the area so I have may fond memories of the Ford Plant especially things like cars with 2 different interior colors. The quality control was unfortunately not that great at the Mahwah plant. They razed the plant in the 80's and a large multi story hotel/ office complex now resides there and the ecological problems still haunt FoMoCo. The ironic part for me is although I live in the town, I also have a Hyundai store in the shadow of the Ford plant and we use the prior holding yards to store our inventory.

lewpopp Guest

Isn't that amazing the memories we have.

I can remember very well that ,when I was younger, on a quiet night you could hear a Ford rust.

... Now that made me laugh (Dad was a Chevy man).

mm

win42 Guest

Ole Henry said they painted the Chevy's green so they could hide in the grass and watch the Fords go by. As a person that drove a 31 model A roadster to HS I resemble these remarks, Lew and I saw all of the major industrial developements of the last century. We come a long way baby.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Harry how old was that roadster when you bought it?

Question When is a Ford not a Ford

Harry, I had a 31 Ford that I drove to high school too, but it was 30 yrs. old and had a Chevy v-8 for power. NO RUST
    JIM