Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lurker finally exposing himself

Default lurker finally exposing himself

After sitting on the sideline for a few months I thought it was time to come out into the open. After owning a coachmen (many years ago), a 35 foot Winnebago Elandan, a FC Bluebird and most recently a WB Bird, I made the jump and bought a '01 Thompson. I keep my coaches for a long time so the Thompson aspect doesn't bother me. So far so good. The Thompson organization has been very accessable and has answered all my questions. I knew what I was getting into before I bought her. We've logged a few thousand miles on her and so far no surprises.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Lurker Finally Exposing Himself?

You'll do well here.

Welcome to the fray. Since you have been watching all this for a few months, you likely know the drill. There have been many very positive comments about the Thompson Coach, you don't have to be apologetic at all. If it's the coach you want, it's the coach you've got.

In addition, you are not far from Elite Coach in Ephrata, PA, an ace chassis repair place.

Hey, isn't Mahwah, NJ Bruce Springsteen territory?

Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard. I'm not sure why you want to expose yourself to the abuse most of us are subjected to on this forum, but as a former Secaucus boy I know that if you are from the Garden State you can take it.

Be proud of that Thompson coach. I don't know of another coach that has the operating logic a Thompson coach has and Rick made a believer out of me.

Hey you stole that Lurker Finally Exposing Himself line from A$$crak4U Tom. But I like it. Shows you are not afraid of the bedwetters on this forum.

Sounds like a nice coach. Our company founders bought a Bluebird new in 1979 and we finally sold a few years back. It only had 30K miles on it and I wouldn't sleep in it without a full body condom (MangoMike is the world wide distributor for these). My best memory of driving it was how hard it was talking to whomever you had riding shotgun because you had an old NA Cat V8 hammering away between the two of you. Made my Bonanza sound like the library.

Welcome and post some pics of that sled....

JDUB

I love the comments....it appears to me that most everyone on the forum is an equal opportunity offender. Being from NJ, I can appreciate that. We'll take credit for Bruce Springsteen.....I thought I loved my Birds, noisy Caterpillar and all, but you couldn't wipe the smile off my face for 20 hours as I drove my Prevost to Florida. She's parked down there now I'll post picts when I get down there next month.

Default Driving The Bus

Quote Originally Posted by rickdesilva View Post
    but you couldn't wipe the smile off my face for 20 hours as I drove my Prevost to Florida. She's parked down there now I'll post picts when I get down there next month.
    Welcome Rick, Ditto that. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Howdy

Welcome aboard, ya'll gonna make it to Kerrville ??? Should be a good time

Welcome Rick, Tell us where your coach is parked down here in Florida. Us Floridians might want to polish and test drive that new Thompson while you are up north !

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rickdesilva View Post
    I love the comments....it appears to me that most everyone on the forum is an equal opportunity offender. Being from NJ, I can appreciate that. We'll take credit for Bruce Springsteen.....I thought I loved my Birds, noisy Caterpillar and all, but you couldn't wipe the smile off my face for 20 hours as I drove my Prevost to Florida. She's parked down there now I'll post picts when I get down there next month.
    Jersey, eh?

What exit?

Welcome to the nut house Rick! Be careful not to mention poop in any form to Anaconda Boy in Texas, he kinda goes off the deep end. He is good at black water problems, toilets, smelly odors and identifying extreme gas emissions when driving. Never, never, never get downwind after one of his feeding frenzy's with Burrito's.

Have you signed up for the Rally? You won't want to miss it....