Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: aqua hot - 2001 conversion

Come on Joe, AquaHot with Webasto inside or Webasto, both are signalled the same way. My coach has an AquaHot and the furnace function is controlled through my Dometic A/C and H/P thermostats.

The bottom line is most A/C thermostats can control a furnace. That doesn't mean the converters took advantage of this capability.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks for the responses. The unit works everywhere but the front of the coach. The amx does not control aquahot on my coach. I think I have found where someone has tied the central a/c thermostat to the aquahot although it still does not work. I will chase the wires next week. Don't you just love it when a dealer tells you the qua-hot was given a "Level 3 Service" all of the fluids, igniters and so o have been changed!! BULL DOO DOO....

David, have you looked good around the driver's area for the same style theromostat you have in the bedroom?

Gil and Durlene

Gil, I have looked for thermostat up front to no avail. At this point I am almost sure that the Dometic thermostat in the middle of the coach should control the fans for the front of the coach. I spoke with Jim Marsh and he indicated that they built a few different configurations.

David

David,

Jim should have been able to tell you exactly what they did. I'm pretty sure he has all of the Featherlight/Vantare drawings. Anyway, I'd be surprised if there's just one thermostat. BTW, do you have the factory wiring diagrams. Vantare was good about supplying them with the coach.

When you open the AquaHot's upper removable panel, depending on model, you should find a terminal board near the top mid way in. It should be labelled for each zone. You should read 12/24V on each zone unless it's on. Turn on the one zone you know works and see how many zones on the terminal board no longer read 12/24V. If it's just one, and you have 3 circulator pumps, 2 if it doesn't have engine preheat, then there's another controller somewhere.

Gil and Durlene

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12