Thread: Engine temperature

Threaded View

20190831_140743.jpg

If during assembly u stick the 2 magnetic rings togeather these r rare earth magnets they r very strong.

DO NOT ATTEMPT to install the hub like this. EVER. Seporate them.

If u do not it will be assembled without 3, 1/4 in bolts on the inner ring that really ought to be there. Im pointing to the bottom 2 holes in the photo.

Another clue for proper instalation would be u dont have hardware left over when u r done. Sorry couldnt help that one.

Just for the record it never takes someone who knows what they r doing longer than around 3hr or so, even out in the field, to switch a hub out. about 07 they get a bit more challanging they r in deeper. Then they went to a driveshaft now they have electric fans. If u have this done dont get charged too much. On the 02 chassis (i think) there is slight grinding nessessary on the bracket to fit. Check your service bulletins for your vin if u have such a chassis it will have a bulletin on it.

Ive never made this mistake or ever seen it. astonishing the mistake didnt have a different result in a multitude of ways. Thank goodness for that. Aint these buses somthin.

I think Fratto has got to the bottom of this. Happy to help Fratto. Thank God and Country (and Jamie) for POG

And Fratto im not completly convinced nothing else would have also been done wrong. Approach repair accordingly. I wouldnt take it far in this summers heat like that. Get it over to Prevo. Ya know, I was in Boyd 2 weeks ago. How far is DFW from KC? Around 500. Ill be in KC all next week if prevo cant get u in. Just up the road a piece.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 08-31-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines