Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CC XL45 with 2 slides

Corona: The official MAXbeer at Mango Mike's

CK_2929.jpg

Larry, I looked at Mango Mikes official MAXbeer girl and forgot your question ! I will get back to you on those Axel Weights !

maxbeer Guest

Jim, I understand!!!
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by maxbeer View Post
    Jim, I understand!!!
    Larry
    Larry, our Country Coach 45XL weighs 48,460 without slides. GVWR for the coach is 48,900.

Since we had one, I kept track of the CC coach numbers. And yes they had 2 HWH slides installed. The rooms were steel framed, weighed alot, and there was a 4 inch beam of steel welded to the driverside undercarriage from steer to driver tires to support the kitchen slide externally. We dragged it on several occasions. Also had internal underbelly bracing as well. The first salon window behind the driver was blacked out, so not to see the framing supports for the kitchen slide. Loaded with goodies, fuel and water, we weighed in at 51,860 lbs. We were over front axle. Heck, we were over everywhere!

They are:

60441 (former CC Club PreZ Ray Stevens owned this 1st, traded at Lazy Days)
    60446 )Brian Wilson owned this one the last time we saw them at CC rally Las Vegas, March 2003
    60449 (Our 1st bus)
    60450 (Bob and Terri Lee were the 1st owners)

60442 (is a 2000 model year "H"3-45, no slide)( CC made around 11 "H"3's)

There were also other CC "H"3-45's, some with slides and some not
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 03-08-2007 at 07:49 PM.

Coloradobus, You sure know your Country Coach history ! What do you think about Bob Lee being at the Helm again ? It was my understanding the Country Coach part of the company was profitable. We are very happy with our coach. The workmanship has always looked to be of a high quality no matter where I look.

99 Country Coach 45XL 60382

Hey Jim,

We are glad that Bob is at the helm again. National RV was sucking Country Coach dry, literally!!. Consequently, the R&D on the new Rhapsody showed that lack of $$$$. With Affinity in the stratosphere of pricing, where the Lexa once was, I don't see the need for another level of coach before the XLII.
    We liked both our Affinity and CC XL. The Affinity was a custom order, but MPD superceded. Our CC bus had prismatic paint all over it with swirls, twists, and was a show stopper, as all CC bus paint jobs are. The prismatic paint just applified it further.
    The CC bus with the "HWH" slides was h-e-a-v-y. Too h-e-a-v-y, and it drove like it. The CAFE' electric bay doors under the slideroom were problematic. They were engineered so you couldn't pry them open. Good when they worked, but...... Other drivability issues made the full disc brakes, the speed sensitive steering, the double pane windows etc., made the XLII more attractive. So, we traded the XL for the Marathon XLII. Then we decided Slides were not for us, we traded for a No-Slide "H". We have had this coach for 28 months now. The longest we have owned a coach. Its our favorite! 28 months ago, we went to Texas to see Country Coach "H"3-45, 60442. Buddy Gregg had it. Unfortunately, we decdied it had the wrong owner. Brian had a 2000 Marathon "H", and that's what we bought.
    Having Bob Lee back at CC, I hope will give a boost to CC like, when he returned in 2002 for a short stay. Both He and Terry are wonderful.
    We wish all the best for CC.
    We usually go to the March CC rally, but not this year. We need to stay near to gut the house we close on in a week and to oversee building a new and bigger barn. Maybe, we will have room to be a multiple bus owner like Mango That's gonna get me in trouble. We already own 4 Airstream trailers and a B Van.

Jim and Chris
    2000 Marathon "H3-45", Coach 0586EXV, with de-commissioned Data Storm Internet Dish
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 03-08-2007 at 07:53 PM.

No matter how big that barn will be, you might as well recognize right now that in a very short time it will be too small.

Yes, Maybe, We are looking at 50X65 with the 14 foot doors. The Morton Building guy is coming next Wednesday to survey (eyeball) the lot.