Hi Everyone!

Cheney here (other half of Escape Velocity) and I have a question as to why we haven't seen anyone converting their coaches to all electric?
I've spoken to Newell, EV West, and TransPower, but no one seems to really be jumping on this band wagon for the consumer market. TransPower was the closest with their line of school buses now being utilized in CA, but nothing for the individual RV market. I also looked up Allison Transmission and they seemed the most receptive with their current projects to be developing heavy, long range electric vehicles, but the trickle down into the consumer market doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon. And yes I've seen the Winnebago in-town RV that's electric which I was very excited about since it's a start.

With that being said, who would convert to electric if they could? Clearwater and I are very conscious of our carbon footprint and have even been asked if we're being hypocritical by going out and buying a old diesel pusher. We like to think that even though we're still using diesel, due to our minimization, our overall footprint will be smaller, but it does eat away at me to be using up limited resources at such an inefficient rate.

Do you, or do you know anyone that has tried to convert their coach to at least a hybrid, replacing the engine with an electric motor and keeping the generator as a backup combined with a solar array? My wishes would be complete, if we could only get rid of the diesel lol Does anyone else feel this way too?

Let's Discuss!
-Cheney