Dale, Clearwater here,

We are being permitted and encouraged to check out and operate everything that can have hands laid upon them while there in person. We're just not being given excessive amounts of time / days to do so (like being offered to sleep in it a few nights in a row as other's have the lucky chance to do while buying from other private sellers we've read about on the forums)

We're also welcomed to brig along whoever we want for visits to the bus. And we had tried to get the mechanic we've met who I mentioned in previous posts, it's just not worked out schedule wise thus far.

Possibly I've confused what the term PDI ('Pre Delivery Inspection' right?) actually is?

I had thought a PDI could only be conducted at a Certified Mechanic's shop / Prevost service center / Bus Seller's maintenance center. And that it included a thorough mechanical inspection doing things like opening up the brake chambers and inspecting, checking drive line linkages torque settings, getting fuel tank tested for contaminants (algae), having the whole frame inspected for weld cracks, and including being hooked up to a DDEC computer and getting a *download* performed which provided engine running hours, historical fault codes etc etc. Stuff that requires many hours of service techs hands on, with many specialized tools and equipment, lifts / pits and more...

And not simply an on site walk-through and explanation of how everything works + a visual inspection of thing like belts, lights and faucets, furnace / ac units etc. Which, in reflection can also be a 'pre delivery inspection' of a type.

Some time ago as we were getting familiar with POG I stumbled across the wealth of PDFs and assorted articles - one of which was the one written by Jon Wehrenberg7/18/2007 titled "Prevost Purchase Inspection". I thought it was quite thorough for all the things you 'flip on and off' and visually inspect, and have been using it as a sort of template of what to look for thus far. But I didn't think it counted as a real 'PDI'.

Seems I was, in a way, wrong. And by using those letters might be causing some confusion.

I know I still have a LOT to learn - such as when and when not to use the letters "PDI"