Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings From Canada!

Any and all legal options to burocrats and their regulations usually proves to be less complicated and not nearly so expensive.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Hi Chris, I am in Alberta. Bought my 2005 on Consignment at Marathon HQ in Oregon. I am completely new to owning an RV and used the Services of 1-800-Call-Gil. It was worth every penny I paid him to have a knowledgeable person with me who knew, what and how to look at a coach and see anything that was wrong. And while he didn't find a lot of things that Marathon had not already identified on their PDI, just the comfort level of knowing that someone with my best interests was confirming that the coach was indeed in very good condition was worth it to me. If you are not an experienced RVer or Prevost Owner, with the budget you have having someone like Gil or Gil himself should be very helpful. Good luck in your search, and if you need any importing advice or info, just let me know, I'm about to get an education, live and in person in the next two weeks.

Ditto to everything msielski said above.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

I am starting to think you bought the coach I was looking at!!!! 904 bunk?

A Canadian can't bring the coach north of the border unless he is importing it and paying the Tax(GST). Mine lives in the US on a MT tag.

Hi Chris, Not 904, mine was coach 0926, 2005 H3 double slide. Getting it into canada went super smooth. We used a customs broker, and for the $400 I paid them it made it super simple. Make sure you understand your provincial requirements as well. We required a provincial inspection as well as a federal inspection. I found that out at the last minute and it put a small wrinkle into some plans we had. First Truck center did the inspection for the Province. They were knowledgeable, efficient and thorough. Added confirmation to the fact that we had found a well looked after coach as Gil and Marathon had told us.

Thats great, good to know thanks!

If any our southern friends are coming north and need some ideas ask away, I am in Niagara Falls area and can help with suggestions

Chris,

We have reservations at the KoA near the falls mid month. We tried to get there last year but got stuck in a shop in London and had to turn around.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil, sorry I just saw this post my apologies Did you see the NEW Super sites they just completed!!! Makes it way easier now, the Falls KOA is a super place great management and staff as well.