Seems the vintage coach has sprung a couple of leaks. First one being at the power steering pump. I cleaned the pump up then started the engine. It would appear that the leak is coming from a port on the side that looks to be a plug held in place by a cold roll pin. The plug most likely holds a pressure relief valve behind it.

It will take a midget to replace this or a lift / pit to get the discharge hose and rear mounting bolt out.

Has anyone had a problem with one of these? It looks to possibly be a Vickers pump but there is not tag on it or any marking on the suction side of the pump.

Secondly, in trying to track down the power steering leak, I found a diesel leak that appears to be coming from the rear of the engine, but you can't see anything on the back of an 8V92 in one of these coaches, so I am assuming it is either (a) the return line from the heads or (b) one of the plugs on the back of the head that connects to high pressure fuel gallery. I think the return fittings are special ones that have an orifice in them to hold back pressure on the fuel system, but are they manifolded together with the single line returning to the tank?

This may be the more truculent one to fix, but I only think there is one source of fuel back there. Sometimes when the fuel pump craps out, it will leak fuel back along the base of the blower and make it appear that there is fuel leaking from the back, but I checked that and it looks pretty dry.

There may be a trip to Stewart and Stevenson in my future, however both of these would be easy to fix if I could get any reasonable access to them