Thread: Compression Nut/stopper

Default Compression Nut/stopper

Good day. I need a name and a source where I can find the compression nut/ stopper on my Liberty stainless fresh water tank. Anyone have any ideas?
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Do u mean the one with 2 flat washers that squeeze a rubber stopper when tightened up? Home depo.

Is that where the fresh water has been going Tony??
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Automotive compression freeze plugs may work depending on size.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

No. That is not where fresh water is going. I was sanitizing my fresh water tank when the existing plug came off in pieces, thereby requiring a replacement. My good friend and bus man extraordinaire, Pete Petree, helped me identify and replace a leaking check valve that solved part of my fresh water leak, but my pump is still cycling; leaving me to believe that I still have a leak to repair. Not worrying about that u til I can pressure up system again after acquiring new plug.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Home Depot , Oatley 1.5” gripper

Rocky, you were right on it. The guy in plumbing said they didn't have anything like that, so I said thanks and kept looking through their parts and found it. Customer service is dead at the big box stores. Thanks to all for guidance. Now back to my project......................
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by aggies09 View Post
    Rocky, you were right on it. The guy in plumbing said they didn't have anything like that, so I said thanks and kept looking through their parts and found it. Customer service is dead at the big box stores. Thanks to all for guidance. Now back to my project......................
    Tony , You are welcome. Glad that I could be of some assistance to You. But that term you used “ Guidance” probably does not apply. Unless it would be like the old saying “ The blind leading the blind “ Still struggle myself with a lot of the systems on my coach.